Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ode to the letter "K"

Every kid has a special place in their heart for their first initial. Britton loves the letter B, Jenna thinks that the letter J is top notch, but Korinne has managed to take her love of the letter K to a new level. A level I have not seen since I was a teenager and watched my brother mow his first initial "M" into the lawn, sew his initials in a quilt with blue yarn, and carve his initials on everyone else's birthday cake. Korinne LOVES the letter K. Whenever Adam and I are at the computer she gets on our laps and says, "push K, push K, push K" over and over until we can't take it another minute. We will push the letter K, let her look at it on the screen, and then try and distract her while we hurry and delete the K which clearly doesn't belong where we just put it. Sometimes we get really wild and crazy and push K twice. This is followed by a giggle and clapping. The rest of Korinne's day is spent looking for more K's. If you ask her how to spell her name she will say, "K-o-r" and then stop. Adam thought I taught her this and I thought Adam taught her this so we still have no idea how she came up with it. Now we just need to teach her to spell the end of her name and we'll be good.

When Korinne is not busy looking for the letter K she is teaching Britton and Jenna to do things they shouldn't be doing. Remember my post a while back about how I found her sitting on a stool only a few inches from the big TV? Well, this is what I found yesterday when the kids were watching their one show for the day,

Korinne imparting a little of her wisdom, no doubt.

Oh, and she is always really good at telling me she is going to smile for a picture and then changing her expression at the last minute.


It's a good thing we live in the age of digital pictures because every 5th picture I take of her is a real keeper!

3 comments:

larah said...

I still laugh when I think of your brother mowing the lawn with his initials! I hope you keep all the "crazy" pictures too. They are priceless!

Cydnee said...

ahhh, always fun to catch up on the Hilbilly blog. I actually learned a couple new things on your 25 list. Hope all is well up North...

Tricia said...

I have some scrapbook pages of me trying to get Cameron to look at the camera and say cheese at the same time. The scenery is beautiful. . . Cameron either turns away, waves a stick in front of his face, painfully says cheese. . .

Yeah. . . McKay still thinks his name is great. He has been known to send his nieces and nephews shirts and stickers that say "McKay is my favorite uncle" on them.