"What is this?"
A totally valid question because as gross as it looks in this picture I can assure you that it was even more disgusting in real life. Adam informed me that he wanted to make some brownies for the kids, so he did. This didn't explain the green life form attacking the brownies so I let him continue, "I used the recipe in the family cookbook, but we didn't have all of the ingredients for the topping so I improvised." AHA! The magic word that would surely explain the mysterious green glob! (Perhaps improvising in the kitchen should be left to the professionals, or at least those who have watched at least 100 episodes of Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals.) Adam clarified, "The recipe called for mint extract, but we didn't have any and then I remembered we had a package of Andes mint chocolates from Christmas so I just melted them down and mixed it in with the frosting."
Let this be a lesson to you all, if you use Andes mints as a substitute for mint extract, your brownies will look like Oscar the Grouch threw up on them!
"So, did the kids like the brownies?" I inquired.
"No."
Shocking, really, because they look really yummy. We had a good laugh about it and Adam insisted that they weren't that bad. I decided to just take his word for it.
7 comments:
well, I wouldn't have even tried to cook.
Adam, you keep up the good work. All great cooks have some less than great looking improvisational results! I'm surprised the kids didn't like them, though. All you had to say is that they were Oscar's favorites.
That sounds like something I would do. You really didn't try them? They definitely don't look good but it sounds kind of good.
You gotta love the mints! I don't know if I could have gotten over the color, but they didn't sound like they would have tasted gross.
I think I would have liked them. There was chocolate involved-right? Thanks for the giggle.
Those really look disgusting! But you can't go wrong with mint and brownie together!
Two words for ya'll...yum my!
Post a Comment