Sunday, January 11, 2009

Warning, content may be boring. . .

This has been one of those weeks where I am at a loss on what to blog about. Should I detail my 5 loads of laundry or talk about how I never know what to make for dinner? Sometimes I'm inspired, sometimes I'm not, but I'll try and make something out of nothing. . .

Adam is great at working from home. He is disciplined enough to get up and go to work on time and he only comes out for lunch. Every once in awhile I stop when I realize it is too quiet. With Korinne I must be on alert at all times because she has a tendency to sneak into Adam's office when I'm not looking. When it is too quiet I usually go into Adam's office first to make sure she isn't in there. This is what I found too many times this week:


Adam is really good about continuing to work even when she insists on sitting on his lap and "working", too. (It doesn't work out too well when he is on the phone, however). Trying to get her out of the office sometimes involves me carrying her while she yells and cries, "Daddy, save me!"

Britton and Jenna were at school one afternoon this week and I let Korinne watch "Sesame Street" while I was folding laundry upstairs. When I came back downstairs this is what I found:


Really? Do you really need to be that close to a 37" screen?? She had gone into the kitchen to get a stool so she could see it better. What a character.

On Monday or Tuesday night my kids saw a bit of a show called "Superstars of Dance." Have you seen this show? Apparently they have dancers from different countries compete against each other in various categories. Anyway, they didn't see much of it so we let them watch it online the next day and they went crazy. Every night after that they put on dance shows for us and then we were expected to judge them based on certain criteria. Britton showed off his "break dancing" skills, Jenna did a more classical ballet type dance with a blanket and Korinne danced with an umbrella in her "ballerina outfit" that she wears to bed every single night.

Aunt Kim came to visit this weekend, which is always fun, and Britton played his last basketball game yesterday. After they won the game Britton came up and said, "Mom, Mom we won the championship!" In his mind since they went undefeated during their season it meant that they won the championship. He was pretty excited and talked about it for the rest of the day.

There you go. I did warn you that this post may be a bit on the dry side. I hope I'll be more inspired this next week.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I had to make my own comment because this post was soo boring no one else would do it. :-)