Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cold Feet

Ok, I just can't do it. I've tried really hard, but I just can't bring myself to take the blog private right now. I know it is probably a good thing to do and I'm such a "err on the side of caution" and "better to be safe than sorry" kind of girl, but then I look at Adam who has NEVER so much as checked a blog that was private even though he may have full access to it. He just refuses to take that extra step. I also think of all of my google reader friends and trying to make sure everyone has access and it all gives me cold feet, ya know? So, will you guys all do me a favor? If you have us as a link on your blog will you be kind enough to check and make sure that our last name does not appear on your link list? Using our first names only would be great. I know it isn't much, but it would make me feel better to know that someone couldn't just look us up and find out where we are, etc. Our last name doesn't appear anywhere on this blog so the only way someone would find it would be through the link on another page. Anyway, if you would do that for me that would be great. Thanks.

9 comments:

Malinda said...

I promise that I would still check, but I'll admit that I'm lots better about keeping up with the blogs I can see on Google Reader. First names only seems like a good compromise.

Smilin' sunshine said...

Done! I am glad you aren't going private, I too hate that extra step. Doesn't mean I will never do it, but right now I don't like the step!

larah said...

Hey, you know I have your back! First names only, that is also my policy! Especially if your not a private blog. Keep blogging, you know we love reading about you guys. One day we are going to make it to L. to visit you guys.

Jeff & Liberty said...

I hear ya. I use our blog as too much of a personal journal to have it be public, but I too had to compromise somehow. I finally broke down and created an additional "public" blog and threw a few posts up to appease a few friends. Kind of a hassle, but at least I can still freely "dish" on my private blog.

Heather said...

Okay. Never thought about the last name thing. Um, yeah. Now what?

Tricia said...

I'll stop posting your full names, birth dates, address and phone numbers on random posts all over the internet. From now on, it's first name and social security numbers only.

EBD said...

Did it, done, good! What a great idea and such an easy thing to ask. I always knew you were smart! :)

Jackie said...

Yeah that is why I have this lovely picture of myself from when I was 5 years old. If you look very carefully you can see your mom sitting right behind me. I figure it is an old enough picture that no one would recognize me. Except of course the people who I want to... don't ask me I don't think what I just wrote makes any sense. Anyway I am all about safety on the internet no last names, and a confusing picture. What could be safer than confusion?

O'Donnals said...

Thanks for your kind welcome to the blogging world! I'm still trying to figure it out but I'm working on it! Your kids are getting soooo big!!! I guess so are mine! hehe!