Saturday, January 17, 2009

Beautiful


We traveled to the Draper Temple open house yesterday and the kids absolutely loved it. They got so excited when I told them they would be able to go inside and see everything. It was all super organized (of course) and they had you park at one of 3 church buildings in the area and then they bused you to the temple. Here is Britton and Jenna looking at the temple from inside the bus.


Korinne was kind of in a giggly mood, but she did really well inside the temple. Britton loved being able to read about all of the rooms, and Jenna really liked the sparkly chandeliers. Her favorite one was in the Celestial room. I was happy with how the kids behaved since they were pretty much the only young children there at our particular time slot. Our kids had the day off from school, but for all of the kids in the area it was a normal school day.

Since we were in town I took the kids with me to IKEA while Adam worked. It was almost as much fun as going to the dentist for a root canal, but not quite. They were actually pretty good, but between not being able to find brackets for a certain curtain rod and not finding anyone who could help me we all got a little tired. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had happened right when we got there, but we were a good hour into our shopping experience and had hit a breaking point. Britton and Jenna were old enough to go to the play place they have there, but Korinne didn't qualify because she isn't potty trained yet, so I felt it was best to just keep them all together.

Potty training. . . I'm not so sure I should be talking about this in the same post as the Draper Temple open house because they are hardly on the same level, but let me just say a few words. Korinne is probably totally ready, the only thing holding this potty train back is yours truly. I just can't seem to gear myself up for it. We've decided to take the Dr. Phil "Potty train in one day" method, but now we are waiting for a day when both Adam and I can devote our day to making her potty day a success. (I'm sure it will be a most memorable day in her life) It needs to be a day when Adam doesn't have to work and we don't have to go anywhere. We have yet to find it, but now that Britton's basketball is over I'm sure we will find it soon. I can't wait for the "potty train" ride to be o-v-e-r.

4 comments:

larah said...

That is great that you got to take your kids through the open house! We took our kids to the Rexburg Open House and it was neat to see thier excitement over the whole deal.

PS in the letter I sent your way, I think I said the $100 was non-refundable, but it will be credited back if we don't get in. Pass along the info. for me -k-?

Marci said...

Hey obviously We haven't checked your blog for a while, sorry. I am very glad that you are not going private. I have had the very same debate about that though I must say. The internet scares me very much. Usually I don't touch the computer for fear that I will break something. Anyhow I better be going my kids are being quite naughty, bedtime I suppose.

EBD said...

We go in 2 weeks and can't wait to see it as well. Also, loved the IKEA story - it is also nice to know that someone else gets tired of shopping quickly :)

Heather said...

Good luck with the 'one day' training. If the goal is accomplished, I'll hire you for our two yet to train (it will pay big bucks...)! I know, it's tempting!