Today was a work day at our house and shockingly the kids were in a cleaning mood. (Seriously, the stars must be aligned or something) They were washing walls and baseboards and saying really crazy things like, "What else can I clean, Mom?" In my mind I thought, "Who are you and what have you done with my child?" but what came out of my mouth was more like, "You can go ahead and vacuum the upstairs, if you want." To which they happily went upstairs to start on their new task. I believe in rewarding good deeds with ample blog time so here are the kids in action (they love nothing more than to see their pictures on the blog).


This is Korinne in her infamous "ballerina" pajamas. She wears them probably 3 out of every 4 nights. (It is really just a leotard with a black and red plaid skirt)
We were being so productive around the house that Adam and I were still in our pajamas until 2 p.m. (shhh, don't tell anyone). Things were hung up on the wall after 4 months of sitting on the floor by the intended wall spot, clutter was cleared and everything was shiny and clean! It was temping to put the kids in a locked cage so they couldn't mess anything up ever again, but the people at DCFS say we can't do that anymore. . .
3 comments:
I hope the stars align for my family starting Monday. I knew that I would have to get everything ready for Ben's baptism, so we have really let things slide this week. Why clean today what you can put off til tomorrow? Hopefully my kids will be as enthusiastic as yours.
That is so wonderful! I wish my kids would find that kind of enthusiasm for cleaning. O.K. there was one time I woke up and Cassidy had cleaned up the front room and the kitchen. But the baseboards? Wow!
If 'ample blog time' is what it takes...I'll have to try that one out!
Post a Comment