Korinne is our newest little Sunbeam. She had her first day at Primary today and was a little apprehensive. All morning Jenna and Britton were telling her how cool it was that she was going to be a Sunbeam, but when the moment came she was a little scared. She got over it in about 2 seconds, which is good because I don't know the first thing about dealing with a clinger (kids that want their parents and cry when they have to go somewhere without them). Both Britton and Jenna have had no problem marching right in and starting something new so when it takes Korinne a few minutes to warm up to an idea Adam and I just kind of look at each other and think, "Uh, what are we supposed to do now?" When Britton started nursery he used to run into the nursery room and wouldn't even look back to say goodbye. I watched him look at the crying kids with such a confused expression on his face. He just couldn't figure out why they were crying when there were so many cool toys to play with. Ok, I'm getting sidetracked here. . Korinne loved it and Jenna was good to watch out for her during Jr. Sharing Time.
Britton is now in Senior Primary. This last week I received a calling to teach the Valiant 9 class so I get to see Britton during sharing time. In all my time in Primary I've never seen Britton do anything but sit on his chair with his arms folded. He sings his little heart out and tries so hard to remember all of the words. It is really quite precious. I asked him how he liked his new class today and he said, "They are a lot calmer than last year, it's nice." (There are 2 classes for each age group in our ward, so they switched things up a bit) During testimony meeting today Britton surprised me by getting up to bear his testimony. I had no idea he was going to do it, all of the sudden he was marching up to the pulpit. He has such a tender heart and when he gets it in his head to get up and bear his testimony he just can't sit still until he does it. When he sat back down Korinne immediately wrapped her arms around him and said, "Good job Britton!" Behind me I could hear a chorus of people whispering, "Ahhh, look at that, that is so cute!" I had to giggle.
10 comments:
I call those moments "parental paybacks"! Sweet.
Cute. I seriously almost got choked up about it.
"Ahh, that is so cute!" What a fun memory.
Abby is our little clinger, and I don't know what to do about it either. When our other girls started nursery we still had another kid in there, and they were excited to go with their big brother/sister. Abby is not so much a fan. She does okay after we leave, but she always gives us the most pathetic "why are you abandoning me?" look as we are walking away.
When I was in the primary I always loved watching those new little sunbeams come into the room with the wonder and apprehension written all over their little faces. It is a fun time. Hard to believe that your youngest is now in primary. And better yet, your oldest is in Sr. primary!
You're getting old!
I bet you are loving the thought of teaching a primary class instead of being over the entire primary. Oh how I'd love to teach my rowdy bunch of sunbeams again.
First Sunbeams - next Young Women! Also, you better invite me to your "private" blog - alright let me rephrase . . .pretty please.
You guys are great parents, it shows in your children.
Hey, long time no comment :). I'm glad I finally caught up on a lot of the Campbell happenings...
p.s. Have you tried Infusium on the static-laden hair?
Ahh! That Britton did always sit with his arms folded, super reverent in Primary -- I noticed!! Your kids are all so precious!!!
So. . . did you "spy" on Korinne in primary? I just had to take a peek at Jessica in her Sunbeam class last week.
I agree with Heather - cherish those "parental payback" moments! Lately, Cam and Jess have said "I love you" to me unsolicited. I am going to try to remember those moments when they are in middle school and want me to drop them off a block away from the school.
Post a Comment