Arena Football. . .ever heard of it? It exists. We were invited to a Blaze game last night (the name of our local arena football team) by our friends who hooked Jenna and me up with the suite for the Princesses on Ice show a few weeks ago. He is one of the VP's of Zions Bank and has frequent use of the Zions suite at the Energy Solutions Arena. Ok, so they invite us to go to the game in the suite with them and some other people we know. After the Princesses on Ice show I'm feeling like a real suite veteran so I figure it would be good to eat before the game and then just enjoy the snacks that come with it (popcorn, soda, cookies, etc.) I even went all out and got myself my most favorite fire grilled steak salad from Cafe Rio before we left to meet our friends. I was so full when we walked into the suite before the game started only to find that there was a TON of food layed out for us. An entire meal complete with meat and potatoes and salad and vegetables and rolls and 7 layer dip with chips, etc. I thought to myself, "I think I just made a rookie mistake!" Adam and I just laughed quietly at ourselves--I felt kind of like a hillbilly who goes to a fancy party but doesn't know what to do. I was already full, but the food was so good I ate a little bit more and then they informed us the dessert cart was coming! Being health conscience I, of course, went with the fruit torte because it had fresh berries on it. :-) (Its all about the rationalization) Adam decided to go the vegetable route and got the carrot cake. (It's a stretch, I know, but it made us feel better in the moment) Anyway, the game was fun and we had a great time.
They gave us a free poster and other Blaze stuff at the arena so we brought it home for Britton. This morning he taped the poster and other stuff to his wall--he even taped our ticket stubs up! He was as excited about it as if he had actually gone to the game himself. It was kind of tender to see how happy he could be living vicariously through us. Needless to say, he is our newest Blaze fan.
1 comment:
As crianças estão crescendo muito rápido mesmo...você está sabendo da reunião de ex-missionários que vai ter em São Paulo? como todos os presidentes?
Queria falar com você pelo MSN, será que a gente pode marcar um dia?
Um beijo
Post a Comment