Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Destined to be a pack rat?

We were cleaning out our coloring supply cupboard this morning. It was obvious that many of the coloring books needed to be thrown away so Britton took it upon himself to go through each one of them. He would pick one up and based on how many pages had been colored would say a definite, "I hate this one" or "I like this one" and hand them to me where I would place it in a throw away pile. This system was working quite well until Jenna entered the scene. She was having the hardest time parting with any coloring book that had to do with princesses or anything girly. "Oh, but I love that one" she would say. Never mind that every picture in it was already colored. She went through the throw away pile and tried to rescue several old coloring books saying something like, "But, I might want to use that one later." I had to laugh because I have seen this scene played out several times in my own parents house. My Dad will go through the mail or a stack of papers and throw out everything he thinks is junk while my Mom secretly goes back and "saves" things that she thinks she might need someday. Britton and I are definitely like my Dad, the more you can throw away the better. Jenna acted exactly like my Mom. So, being a pack rat. . .is it nature or nurture?? Talk amongst yourselves. :-)

Yesterday was observation day at Jenna's dance class. Here she is practicing for her "Singing in the Rain" dance.

3 comments:

EBD said...

So you're supposed to throw away the coloring books when they are full??? hmmm . . . guess I'm a packrat too! We are just entering the coloring book stage, so this is good to know since our cupboard is getting mighty full.

Sonia Lopreiato Piros said...

Deixo meu computador ligado quase o dia todo, não sei qual a diferença de horários daqui, acho que é de 3 horas só... Me diga um horário bom pra você ok?
Te amo, saudades!

Malinda said...

Too funny. I'm beginning to think that Jenna and Emily are kindred spirits. We finally had to assign each kid a "to keep" drawer for their art projects. Ben's is empty. Emily's is overflowing. Nate made her slim it up today because it wouldn't close.