Tuesday, April 29, 2008

5 Gray Hairs

At Britton's tee ball game tonight Adam was sitting in a folding chair and I was sitting on the ground in front of him. He started out with, "Oh, you have another gray hair!" I noticed my first gray hair when I was pregnant with Korinne so I replied with, "you mean I have 2 gray hairs now?" Adam, "yeah, oh wait, there's another one. . .and another one. . .and another one." The grand total?? 5 and another hair that looked blond, so he didn't count that one. I just laughed. I really don't worry about getting older. I actually really like being 31. My hair got so dark after I had kids that I won't be able to hide gray hairs for long, but I'm cool with it for now.

Britton was sick yesterday and didn't go to school. It was the first time he has ever missed school, but he decided it was Ok because Monday is art day and he doesn't much care for art. He is definitely a math and science guy. He doesn't like it when he has to read books that are just stories, he prefers to learn about something new, like animals or reptiles, or any number of other subjects. He tested into the ALPS program (Advanced Learning Placement for Students) for next school year which means that until we move he will be in a class with other accelerated learners at a different elementary school.

Jenna has been telling me for weeks that she gets to go to Kindergarten after she learns about the letter Z in preschool. When I picked her up from preschool today she said, "Mom, we learned about the letter Z, now I can go to Kindergarten!" I had to explain to her that she still has another month to go and then a summer break. She took it well, but I think she was still a little disappointed. She is excited to start school in the fall.

On Thursday Adam is becoming his own branch and will be working exclusively from home. He is excited about the new commute--especially with gas prices. :-(

Korinne took 2 baths today. Are we surprised? No. She has got to be the cleanest little girl EVER! She is definitely my water girl.

8 comments:

Jenn S said...

Hi there! Found your blog from Stacey's comments! How are you guys? Glad to see pics of your cute family!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

One more Hil-dog..one more..you can make 10 in April too! phew!
That is awesome that Adam will officially be working from home now. congrats!

Tiffany Salter said...

I found my first gray hairs while I was in college so welcome to the club!

Linn said...

Hilary, This is Adam's cousin, Linn. I've "stalked" your blog for months and am finally making my first comment. I just had to.

Five gray hairs? Oh how I wish. I had my first five by the time I was seventeen. I am getting so gray it is just plain sad. But I don't want to start dying my hair because I will have to keep it up. Oh well, I'll just have the kids call me "Grandma" and I'll look extraordinarily young.

And when I started reading about Adam "becoming his own branch" I thought at first you were talking about church. I was a little frightened. I wondered if I should call and tell you two it usually isn't done that way. :)

Hilary said...

Yeah, no need to be nervous on that one! Perhaps I should clarify by saying he is becoming own branch OFFICE--does that make you feel better? :-) All he needs is a laptop, cell phone and fax and he is in business anywhere! I filled our mini-van with gas today and came home and declaired that we are staying home for the next 6 months!

Hilary said...

Adam just read my comment and pointed out 2 typos (he is the best typo finder EVER) He is becoming HIS own branch office and declaired is really declared. That is all.

Malinda said...

My gray hair patch started when I was 21. Luckily for me, the lighter your hair the less they show up. Nate's starting to get the salt and pepper thing going on (in the little bit of hair that he has left). :)
I hope Adam doesn't read my blog postings. I pay Nate to proofread, but we've been known to miss things.

Tay and Jen said...

Do you know what happends when Jen scratches my head or looks at my hair? She loses count of how many hairs fall out! Grey would be a good problem to have...