1- The phrase "Ow. . .chicken!" is a commonly used phrase at our house. What?!? Let me explain. Apparently there is a photographer in Richfield who used to make kids smile in family pictures during the 80's by hitting himself with a rubber chicken and saying, "Ow chicken!" Not only did it make the kids smile for the picture, but Adam remembers how funny it was to this day. He has used it with each of the kids since they were born but I don't think they really know where it comes from, they just roar with laughter whenever he says it. I remember when Britton was very small it he would toddle around saying, "Ow 'kicken!" That photographer was really onto something! This morning as Korinne was saying it and all of the kids were laughing I thought to myself, "I really ought to write that down."
2- One of Britton's favorite "games" is to put the letter G on the front of words. He does it all of the time and thinks it is the funniest thing ever. I'll be in the other room doing something and I can hear him saying, "Fridge would be gidge, sink would be gink, counter would be gounter" laughing the whole time. I first heard it when he decided that was what we were going to do for our activity one night for FHE. We spent a good 15 or 20 min. going around and taking turns thinking of words to put G on the front of. Surprisingly it was a lot of fun and we were laughing the whole time. I have no idea how he came up with it, but just this morning before he left for school I heard a, "book would be gook, and bus would be gus!" Ah, to be 6 again!

3- Korinne insists on looking at the cereal box whenever she is having a bowl of cereal. I know that after I pour her a bowl I need to leave the box and the gallon of milk right on front of her so she can look at the labels while she eats. The cereal box I understand, but the label on the milk? Truly a mystery. Every time I try to just put the milk away she'll say, "I want to see it! I want to see it!" Um, Ok. Whatever.
4- The kids are still very much in the development phase of their house cleaning skills. Britton is the easiest to motivate, but the quality of Jenna's work is much better. When Jenna puts her mind to cleaning she does a great job--The only problem is that she rarely ever puts her mind to it! I'll get nothing but resistance 9 out of 10 days, but on that 10th day when she is in the mood to clean it is something to behold. Where Britton or Korinne have thrown the books into the bookshelf Jenna has neatly arranged every book, etc. Now if I can just figure out what triggers her cleaning moods. . .
That's all for now. I didn't set out to write a novel, but it sure turned out that way, didn't it? I'm just trying to get my numbers up for May :-)
1 comment:
Gil-dog you Gock! I love the "g" game and "ow chicken" I think we'll have to try the "G" game out next week at family night!
Post a Comment