Monday, May 19, 2008

Testing 1-2-3

We are the proud owners of a hole in the ground! Yes, we closed on our lot and they started building our house last week. At our last update they had poured the footings. Anyway, that is our exciting news of the week.

Britton is out of school until after Memorial Day. I guess the state requires each Kindergarten student be tested at the end of the year so they cancel class so that the teacher can meet with each student individually. It will be a preview of summer so I guess we better come up with some fun things to do. Britton has really become interested in animals lately. All day long he wants to make lists of all of the animals he can think of and reads about everything he can. This weekend he told me he would like to create a summer calendar that has a different topic to study and learn about each day. You know, it is nice to have an academically minded child--but it's a lot of work, too. :-)

3 comments:

Malinda said...

So, this is how it begins. Before you know it, he'll be alphabetizing those lists of animals and then subdividng them into families, carnivores and herbivores, continent of origin, etc. Introduce him to spreadsheets, and the rest is history. Gotta love those list makers. :)

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Congrats on the new hole! That is so very exciting! I'm bummed I won't be around to watch the process.

Kris Tina said...

YAY!!!! I have been wondering where you are - how lucky you have a blog and you haven't gone private! I plan on commenting my head off!