Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rock-a-bye

If you ever want to know how you look talking on the phone, just watch your 2 year old trying to imitate you. Korinne walks all around the house talking and laughing on a play phone. The other day while talking she even went to the desk and got out a note pad and some paper and wrote something down. It was hilarious. I have always been a pacer--I cannot stand in one place and talk on the phone. I pace back and forth in a room or walk around the house. Its funny to watch all of my kids do the same thing. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from tree, does it?

Rock-a-bye. A few months ago Adam was putting the kids to bed and being the "fun" parent he must have picked them up and done an exaggerated "rock-a-bye baby" thing while he placed them in their beds. Now every night the kids run into the front room and wait by the couch for Adam to come and do some fun fancy smancy carry thing to their beds. There is the princess rock-a-bye, the shark rock-a-bye, the basketball rock-a-bye, the turtle rock-a-bye, the list goes on and on. (Adam has gotten very creative) The kids squeal with delight and I just shake my head and smile. There is nothing quite like getting the kids really hyper 10 seconds before putting them in their beds to sleep. That, my friends, is why I am NOT considered the "fun" parent. :-)

This is the shark rock-a-bye:

Rock-a-bye gets canceled every time the kids fight about who goes first, etc. For the most part they have learned to keep the peace because they LOVE rock -a-bye. (In the video, however, you can see Jenna starting to get mad about something which is why it got canceled for tonight).

It has actually been going on for months, but for some reason I haven't written it down. Since this is really our family journal, I thought it was about time to do so.

2 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Love the Shark rock a bye. What a fun way to go to sleep. I think it is usually the case that Dad is the "fun" parent. It is in our house!

Tay and Jen said...

Jen always laughs at me because I cannot talk on the phone and sit. I have to pace when talking.