Last week Adam was in our window wells cleaning them out and making them look nice. He discovered a garden snake living in one of them and since then we have seen it almost every day from the window downstairs. First of all, we love garden snakes because thanks to them we have NEVER seen any evidence of mouse activity in the 5 years we have lived here. Since they are totally harmless we are more than willing to share our window well with such a creature. Britton decided to name the snake Dinah saying that it was the closest we will ever get to having a pet (his words, not mine). So, here is a picture of our "pet" Dinah:

Just after I took this picture Korinne was looking at the snake and said, "I see it! I love the snake!" I know snakes really freak some people out, but around here as long as they are behind glass and will never enter the house we all say, 'yea for snakes!'
3 comments:
Yea for snakes! It is funny how similar our pet philosophy is. Nate's a life-long believer in the no pet rule. I'm a convert. My kids say things all the time like "I NEVER want a dog at our house! They poop on the lawn." I'm all over them being passionate about things that make my life easier.
I use to love snakes... and frogs and lizards. We had many pet water snakes that we would hold and keep in big buckets. One time I caught a water snake and it bit me...that is the last time I've held a snake. Now I freak just at the site of snakes, frogs, lizards etc. A window well is a great place for a snake.
So watching nature shows about insects sends a shiver up your spine, yet your completely happy to have a snake in your window well?...fascinating.
Post a Comment