Friday, May 9, 2008
Just call me Grace
Yesterday I was out in front of my house watching my kids and a few of the neighbor kids. I was on the sidewalk holding Korinne in my arms and BAM, I totally biffed it. My ankle caught an uneven surface and I was on the pavement before I even knew what happened. Poor Korinne, I was holding her at the time and while I took most of the impact, she still landed pretty hard. The only thing hurt was my pride, of course, as 2 of the neighbors saw how graceful I really am. They pretended not to see me, but I know they did. I don't know what is worse, having them say something like, "Are you OK?" or having them ignore me. It reminds me of a similar situation that happened a few weeks ago. I was on a field trip with Jenna on a Farm and I was standing next to her preschool teacher and took a step back on the grass. I have no idea what happened, but all of the sudden my ankle gave way and I was on my back side before I knew what was going on. There wasn't a pebble or anything I could have tripped on. Mrs. Stacey asked if I was OK and I was, but it wasn't even like I could cover by saying, "Watch out for that root sticking out of the ground!" Yeah, there was nothing. So, you can just call me Grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lol!
You should have popped up after both falls and said, "It wasn't me!" The spectators would have totally thought it was really someone else who tripped on a thick patch of air.
Post a Comment