1- Breakfast in Bed (Adam made sure it was my favorite--leftover pizza and a tall glass of passion fruit juice!)
2- Having the kids tell me "Happy Mother's Day" all day long.
3- Having Adam plan, prepare and clean up my favorite dinner (stuffed pasta shells with Adam's yummy homemade from scratch bread sticks).
4- Having general peace and happiness around the house.
Adam knows me well enough to know that making a big breakfast on Mother's Day is not only not required, but not desired --it's all about a good piece of pizza for me! He is clever enough to go out and get a pizza on Saturday night and have it ready to go the next morning. As I was enjoying my pizza this time I couldn't help but think back to Mother's Day 3 years ago. I can truthfully say that it was my hardest Mother's Day ever. I was in the most difficult part of my pregnancy with Korinne and was hooked up to IV's and a feeding tube. I hadn't had anything to eat or drink in weeks and I was so violently ill I couldn't get out of bed and hadn't been able to for months. For my Mother's Day breakfast in bed the kids each came in and poured a can of formula into my feeding tube bag.

I was trying to make the most of it so I said to Adam, "Ok, I'll have formula through a tube in my nose this year, but next year I want something REALLY spectacular!" He did not disappoint. The next year Britton woke me on on Mother's Day with a "Mommy Mommy, Dad is making cinnamon rolls that aren't at all like yours Mom, they're really big and fluffy!" Umm, thanks. . .I think. (slam!) Adam had gotten up really early and made homemade from scratch (the kind that have to raise twice) cinnamon rolls. They were sooooo good. He really went above and beyond the call of duty, but then again that is just the kind of guy he is.
Anyway, I'm thankful for my 3 beautiful children. It wasn't easy getting them here, but it has sure been fun having them here!
3 comments:
That feeding tube picture is just about the most pathetic thing I have ever seen! You are a tropper!
Way to go Adam. Good husbands ROCK . . . metamorphic! (do you even get that joke, or is it limited to Keri and Kaylynn's sense of humor? . . . I forget)
Love the photo of the kids. To me it says, "Look out ladies, here comes Britton!"
Ahhh...the things we (okay, you) go through to bring little ones into the world.
Post a Comment