Saturday, April 12, 2008

Weekend Update

We are entering a new phase around our house. The kids are getting older and I've started to notice that they are getting kind of sneaky. For example, I'll go down to the food storage room and find an empty box of crackers. Obviously we don't have a mouse who cleanly opens the box and takes out an entire package of crackers so the only logical explanation is that Britton and Jenna have in some instances decided it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. It doesn't just stop with the crackers, oh no, I also find fruit snack wrappers in odd places, and this week I caught the kids getting into the. . brown sugar! Since when do kids secretly get into brown sugar?? Britton decided he thought it was good and I actually caught him with a zip lock bag of brown sugar. He has never even asked me for brown sugar before so I'm not sure how he came up with it. Korinne refuses to ever be left out on anything so let me show you what she did this week. She loves cheese. Always has, always will. I had a big block of cheese out and gave her a piece before going into the other room to get something. When I came back into the kitchen this is what I found:

This is clear evidence of a 2 year old trying to get as much cheese as she can before Mom comes back. I looked at it and said, "Korinne, why did you do that?" (Which, by the way, is a totally pointless question. Clearly she wanted cheese and that was the only way she knew how to go about it) She looked at me with a guilty smile and kind of raised her shoulders in a way that implied, "I don't know" and then pranced (yes, pranced) off to play.

T-ball starts next week so this week Britton has been out practicing. Adam went to the store one night last week to get Britton a left handed baseball mitt. He came back with a mitt for Britton, a pink mitt for Jenna (with a pink ball) and a T-ball stand. ( It is always entertaining to see what Adam comes home from the store with) So here is Britton practicing and the girls in the "outfield" waiting for the ball.



As you can see it has still been pretty chilly around these parts. It is supposed to start warming up, but well, you know. . . My kids are wanting to wear summer clothes when the sun is shining, but then they realize that it is still kind of cold. This was Korinne yesterday. She wanted her shorts and her furry boots but couldn't live without the jacket. It turned out to be quite the combination.



1 comment:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Tomorrow 90 degrees. Monday 95 degrees. Send your kids to Tucson for a visit! No furry boots needed!I'll take them swimming!