Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's all fun and games

Britton had his first Tee ball game on Thursday. For a majority of the kids it was their first Tee ball experience which means that they didn't have a clue about what they were supposed to do. Britton got the whole concept and was 100% into it. Most of the other kids would run after the ball after they hit it or forget to run to base or wander off of the base once they finally got there. Every time one of the kids would hit the ball off of the tee there had to be at least 5 or 6 parents directing traffic and helping the kids get where they needed to be, even then there were always a few lost souls. It was quite entertaining to be sure. Britton was really into it and was involved in almost every play. He loved it, but couldn't understand why some of the kids weren't running to base--it was all so clear to him.



Yesterday Adam and I were talking to Korinne in the kitchen and I said, "Korinne you are getting to be such a big girl!" She smiled and Adam asked her, "Korinne, are you a big girl or a baby?" We were expecting her to say she was a big girl, but she smiled and said very resolutely, "I'm a baby!" What?! Uhh, I guess she has every intention of remaining the baby of the family. We have asked her the same question several times and the answer is always the same. I think we are in trouble.

Settlers of Catan. It's a game that really deserves its very own blog entry, but I'm combining it tonight because it fit so nicely in the 'fun and games' genre I was going for. If you know about Settlers and know how to play it there is a 98.7% chance you love it. My sister Libbie and her husband Jeff taught us how to play the game a few years ago and we have been converting others ever since. Our latest conquests are my cousins, Dustin and Larah.


It is amazing what you will do to fit in a game of Settlers. They had their kids sleep at their Grandma's house so they could come over to our house and play a game after using theater tickets earlier in the evening. Dustin is still pretty miffed about having not won, yet. I have a feeling he will not rest until he does!

For those familiar with the game you no doubt have tried to make little towers or other things with your game pieces while you waited for your turn. This particular tower should go in the Settlers game piece hall of fame!! Look at it! I used every last piece and it stood until I built a road and had to pull one out. For those of you who have no idea that Settlers of Catan even exists, you can just nod your head and smile.

I know, I know, I'm easily entertained. Just remember, its all fun and games until someone gets an eye poked out.

2 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

We haven't really played since moving to AZ. (Except when we've visited UT!) We miss it! Glad to see you doing your Catan missionary work. We will convert the world, one player at a time!

Heather said...

I was expecting your last blog entry to be something about an anniversary celebration! Maybe that is yet to come--hope you had a great day yesterday.

I'm not surprised you've converted Dustin and Larah. They'll be driving to Logan before you know it!