Adam and I watch American Idol. I was already feeling kind of cool because David Archuleta goes to Murray High School--my most beloved Alma Mater. I don't know him personally or anything, but Go MHS Spartans, right? Anyway, last night Adam and I are watching American Idol and Ryan Seacrest was interviewing David before his song and he was talking about who he would take to Prom, etc. Ryan pretty much asks if the girl he would take is the one sitting by his Dad and the cameras panned to the audience and I realized that the said girl was Mietra, one of my young women when I was the Young Women's President a few years ago. She has since moved to Murray and is going to Murray High so it would make sense for it to be her.
Here's the clip of the show if you missed it:
I'm still friends with Mietra's Mom so I called her this morning to see if it was her and she answered the phone from California. Yes, it was Mietra, and yes, she and David are really good friends. It was fun to talk to both Janice and Mietra for a few minutes. They won't be at the show tonight, but they are going to a big dinner with the idols afterwards and they had gone to church with Brooke White on Sunday and got to know her a little better. Mietra laughed when I told her not to forget all of us little people now that she is famous. She promised to keep her feet on the ground but did say that she had been receiving "threats" from a lot of 12 yr old girls wanting to go to Prom with David. (They aren't dating, they are just really good friends) She laughed when I offered to get out my pictures from girls camp should they need any more photos of her to display. Anyway, if was fun to reconnect with them, I've missed them since they moved out of the ward.
So, there you have it, my claim to fame! I kind of felt like a teenager again as I voted for David and Brooke about 20 times a piece.
4 comments:
You're FAMOUS! That is pretty funny. What a small world.
Shoot, I haven't watched it once this season. I'll have to see it! Go MHS!
(As a side note, Jeff has this mental image of what life as a Murray High Student must have been like. His image is well represented in High School Musical. He thinks MHS is like that. Yes, we are always busting into song and dance. The American Idol connection will not surprise him I guess...)
You too, don't forget us little people with your fame! Small world, huh?
That is too awesome! It makes me want to go hang out at Murray High. okay not really but I'm sure that place is all abuzz with excitement!
Post a Comment