Thursday, March 13, 2008

A day in the life. . .

The following is a typical day in the life of my 2 year old, Korinne. She has a larger than life personality in a little body.

Every morning Korinne runs to the bathroom as soon as she hears running water. If water is running, then she assumes its time for HER bath. And none of this 15 min. bath thing, if she isn't a total prune by the end, then it wasn't long enough. (I have seriously left for meetings on a Sunday morning only to come home and find her still in the bathtub. It's amazing, really) After her morning bath she refuses to get dressed right away as her need to run freely in her birthday suit is just too strong. After 15 or 20 min. she finally agrees to get dressed, or is forced to get her clothes on depending on our schedule (its a good think I'm stronger than she is!) Being dressed for the day doesn't mean the battle is over, however, because she has been known to take her clothes back off a few hours later and opt for something else. Just this week she brought me some pajamas at 11:30 in the morning and insisted I help her get them on. (I've stopped caring what other people think about how my children are dressed when we are at the store)

If Jenna isn't at preschool the girls love to go in their room, listen to music, dance on their beds and look at books. They laugh and giggle and manage to make quite a mess, but they love it. Every time she has a stinky diaper it takes me at least an hour before I can get it changed. She loves to run away and say, "No way!" in response to my, "Come on Korinne, let's change your diaper." Actually she says, "No way!" in response to pretty much everything. She says it when she is happy, she says it when she isn't, she says it when she is giggling and teasing, she says it when she's frustrated. "Korinne, let's get your jacket, it is time to go in the car". . "No way!" Korinne, do you want some lunch?". . "No way!" But, in reality, she really does want lunch. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

She asks for cereal every time she's hungry and takes matters into her own hands if I'm not right there to get her something she wants. I often find her in the pantry on a chair getting into crackers and making a mess. When I say something to her about the mess she looks at me and gives me her biggest, sweetest smile and bats her eyelashes just like a pro. It is really something to behold. (It works a lot better on her Dad as I am much more hardened)

When Britton gets home from school she runs to him yelling, "huggy, huggy!" and gives him a big welcome home hug. When Jenna gets home from preschool Korinne wants to see what she worked on in school and it always so happy to see her. She loves to snuggle with me and loves to chase the kids around and tease them. It is not uncommon to find all 3 chasing each other around the house laughing and having a great time.

At dinner time Korinne MUST be sitting by Adam. She will immediately move her plate if she sees she is not right by him. Whenever he asks, "Who wants to say the prayer?" Her hand is up and she is yelling "ME!" before he even gets to 'wants to say' part. When her Aunt Kim comes over after work Korinne will squeal with delight and then immediately start looking for her jacket and say, "Bye Bye Mom, love you" while blowing me kisses. This means that she wants Kim to take her home with her (she lives on the street behind us). Korinne and Kim are buddies and Korinne absolutely adores her.

At night Korinne is usually the one keeping the other kids awake. More than once I have come to check on them only to find Korinne running back to her own room when she hears me approaching. She has her own bed, but still prefers to sleep next to Jenna in Jenna's bed although I have found her asleep in all sorts of places on the floor and around the door.

She really keeps us laughing with all of her antics. As I said before, she isn't short on personality. Whenever I come home and Adam says something like, "Guess what your daughter did?" I know exactly which daughter he is talking about--Korinne! Funny how that works. We love her--she definitely keeps life interesting!

1 comment:

Jeff & Liberty said...

I'll be interested to see how the teen years go with this one. Hopefully she puts that big personality to GOOD use!