Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spr"easter" Break!

Its spring break, its Easter. . .its Spr'easter'! We went to St. George and enjoyed the great weather--70 Degrees and total sunshine. It never even entered my mind that sunscreen might also be in order, so our little family returned for church today with sunburned faces-- all except for Jenna who has awesome skin that doesn't burn nearly as easily as the rest of us. We went to a great playground on Friday night complete with a new spongy type ground cover and big umbrellas for shade. I kept thinking about how they have really upped the playground program since I was a kid. Remember the "grumpy old man" skit from Saturday Night Live years ago? "We didn't have these wimpy spongy floors or safe and shaded plastic play equipment. . we had hard iron bars and dangerous gravel that made us bleed if we fell and were embedded in our skinned knees. . .and WE LIKED IT!" (Ok, if you aren't familiar to the skit this won't make any sense to you.)

Here is just a small portion of the playground. Pretty deluxe, huh?


Korinne thought she was big, of course, and insisted on doing things that were right out of her league. She kept going back to this rope section and would say, "I got it, I got it!" every time she was able to climb up one rope.

Saturday morning we went to a BIG Easter hunt by Gramma and Grampa's house. Britton is quick and aggressive--Jenna. . .not so much. I had to laugh at this little video clip of the 2 of them. Britton seriously had an entire bucket of candy in no time at all and Jenna kind of meandered.

All 3 managed to get A LOT of candy.



We also got to visit Grammie. She turns 93 in just a few weeks.


Grammie keeps us laughing. She has a fun personality and it is always fun to visit her.

4 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Jenna looks so old and in these pictures. Can't believe how fast these kiddos are growing up!

Malinda said...

I am familar with the SNL skit and you made me laugh.

EBD said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear that you forgot the summer rules too! We were in St. George a few weeks ago and the same thing happened - poor little 8-month-old Joshua experienced a sunburn much earlier than my other 2 kids. Oh well, we live and learn, right?

Cydnee said...

I just had to mock a little at the HUNKS of cheese that Jenna took out of that block of cheese...looks like I've been dethroned as the cheese-chunk-giving mom.