Everybody has things they do really well, and things they aren't so good at. For example, I'm great at blogging, keeping handwritten journals, and keeping all of my photos (digital and otherwise) organized and catalogued properly so I can find what I need at a moments notice. I'm not great at doing fun, cutsie (is that even a word?) holiday things like making green eggs and other food stuffs for my kids on St. Patrick's day, dying eggs for Easter, or any number of things requiring craft supplies and the planning of holiday themed parties. I can work for hours on a video montage about my family, but please don't ask me to sit down for 10 min. and dye eggs. I used to feel bad about being holiday challenged, but I've decided that I'm still a good Mom. My kids are loved, we laugh and have fun together, and so far they haven't shown any signs of being scarred for life (always a bonus).
In light of my holiday confession it should come as no surprise that Adam plans all of the kids birthday parties and other festive occasions. He is the one making cookies with them at Christmas, etc. I think it is great that we all have different talents and interests because that means we can all balance each other out in the end. Phew!
2 comments:
I'm with you Hil-dog! I am bad with crafts. Each year my mom gives us all a new "101 craft ideas for kids" or something of the sort. Last year she was at my house and the kids were looking at the book and she asked them if they like doing crafts out of it and they said "mom never lets us do any, she just lets us look at it" Oops! I got caught! I started to say "yes I do.." and then I realized that really...we'd never done a single craft from any of the countless books. They ARE fun to look at though.
That is ok, you can ship your kids over to my house. Shawn will tell you I have enough holiday "spirit" for about 10 families!
Post a Comment