Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Little Elf


We have been hearing about Jenna's Kindergarten Christmas program all week long. Jenna talked about it in the morning, she talked about it in the evening, and just to cover her bases she talked about it in the afternoon. Last night she could hardly sleep she was so excited, in fact, she didn't. She came in at about 3 a.m. and said, "I can't sleep." I don't remember the last time I heard that phrase escape her lips. At our house she is the queen of sleeping. This just goes to show you how excited she was about her Christmas program this afternoon. In their Sunday best they dazzled with poetry, Christmas cheer and even a little kazoo playing. You really can never have too much kazoo playing in my opinion. (Especially when there simply isn't enough class time to learn words to ALL the songs. Really, her teacher was a genius. It was that or she didn't want the kids singing about all of the naughty things the kid does in "I'm gettin' nothin' for Christmas" in which case she is STILL a genius.) Here is a clip of said song. Please note Jenna's dramatic facial expressions during the "Mommy and Daddy are mad" part and if you can figure out what the little boy next to her is doing than YOU'RE a genius.




She was SO convincing that we have been teasing her that she really isn't getting anything for Christmas. "It was just a song, Mom and Dad, it wasn't true!" We might let this go on a bit longer, it's just too much fun.

Jenna with her Kindergarten teacher. I really love her teacher and so does Jenna.

Um, I just realized that Christmas is a week from today. Yikes! I'm so not ready! I guess it is time to get it into gear.

3 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Ah, love the kindergarten programs!

(Is it just me, or was there a mandate for all kindergarten children in the USA to perform Christmas songs at the exact same time this year?)

Malinda said...

Very cute! You and Adam must have some seriously grumpy mad faces. I just got home from Emily's program. I feel a little cheated that we had no kazoos or cool elf hats.

I think that kid's mom must have tried a new fabric softener and his shirt is just really itchy.

Kristen said...

Thanks for posting the video clips. It really helps when we can't be there as I would love to be at every one of my grandkids' programs.