That's what time the kids woke us up this morning. Not bad. I remember when I was a kid my older sister wouldn't let us go and get my parents until 6 a.m. Crazy. I'm very appreciative of my children's ability to sleep in a little later on Christmas morning. Believe it or not Adam and I had to wake the kids up one year at like 8:30 a.m. It was awesome.
Here's the Christmas recap:
Christmas Eve my parents came up and we had our traditional Reuben Sandwiches with potato salad and chips. We also stuffed ourselves with 7 layer dip and the cream cheese/cocktail sauce/shrimp dip stuff we make every Christmas Eve. Super yummy even though it doesn't sound so great when you are trying to describe it.

Adam and I both love Reuben sandwiches. Pumpernickel bread, corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Separately I don't like any of the ingredients (well, except for sauerkraut), but somehow when you put them all together and broil it just so, it is SOOOO good. Growing up my family always had Reuben sandwiches on Christmas Eve.
The kids got to open their one present on Christmas Eve.
New pajamas! (surprise, surprise)

Jenna and Britton loved their pajamas. Korinne was unmoved by the gesture. Why did she need new pajamas when she had a perfectly good black leotard with a red and black plaid skirt to wear over it? She calls it her "ballerina outfit" and wears it almost every night to bed. It doesn't look very ballerina-ee, but seems to work for her. Later on she did decide that Jenna's robe was pretty cool. (I would like it, too, if I was walking around in a black leotard all of the time!)

Christmas morning was a lot of fun. Aside from the fact that it looked like a paper factory exploded in my family room we had no major mishaps and the kids loved their new treasures. Adam outdid himself on the Christmas feast this year.
Homemade rolls, turkey, potatoes, gravy and Christmas jello, of course. My parents and my brother Taylor and his wife Jen ate with us and we had a grand time. The weather isn't great so instead of heading out like we originally planned we are going to stay in tonight. It has been just a nice relaxing day.
3 comments:
Looks yummy! Our Christmas feast of gas station day old sandwiches wasn't quiet as spectacular.
Once we got back home we heard rumors that the Chinese buffet in next town over was open for business on Christmas but we were too lazy to get over there. For a split second I thought we'd be hearing "Deck the halls with boughs of holly fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra!" (Like the ending of the Christmas story.)
I have been missing the boat. Adam could be cooking Thanksgiving. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Have a even happier New Year.
It was a yummy meal! I'm glad we got a second chance to eat it. You were great Christmas Eve hosts.
Thanks a bunch.
Post a Comment