"I'll be there in just a minute."
"Just give me a few minutes."
"One minute please."
"Please stop"
These are just a few of Korinne's latest phrases. Hmmm, I wonder where she got them? It is always eye-opening to hear yourself through the voice of a 3 year old. Well, at least she is completely calm when she says them. She always uses these phrases after I say something like, "Korinne, we're late! Hurry and get in the car right now, OK?" She calmly replies, "I'll be there in just a minute." and then continues to play with her toys. This is why she is usually without socks, in a strange outfit, and has hair all over the place whenever I take Jenna to school. By the time I get her to cooperate and actually get in the car the time to groom has long passed. She changes her clothes so many times during the day I have no guarantee that she will still be in a matching outfit when I'm ready to run errands.
"Korinne, why did you change your clothes?"
"My shirt was wet"
"But why did you change your pants?"
(At this point in the conversation she is running down the hallway laughing.)
"Korinne, let's get you some pants that match your shirt."
(more laughing)
"Hurry Korinne, we need to go to the store"
"I'll be there in just a few minutes. . ."
I think you can see how this usually works. If you ever run into me at a store and Korinne has a "unique" look, you will understand why. I've taken her out in public with some pretty interesting outfits.
Oh, one more thing that I wanted to write down, Korinne always says "I'm hun-gee" whenever she is telling us she is hungry. It's pretty cute.
6 comments:
I like the new background. Um, yeah, my kids pretty much 'own' the 'little orphan look'! Some day they'll care enough and be old enough to change that!
I can totally relate! The other day I had to take Abigail to Jodi's house in her pjs because she refused to get dressed. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one raising an Orphan Annie.
I am very disappointed to hear, however, that this isn't some short phase that Abigail will grow out of in a few weeks!
I had to laugh Thanksgiving weekend when Korrine needed a diaper change and you were ready but she wasn't. She then told you that she would be right with you in a moment. That was cute.
At least she says PLEASE don't!!! That is a plus!! That makes you a great mommy!!
It is funny how a parent's perspective changes over time. I once found myself at Walmart with grumpy kids with runny noses and unkemp hair and realized that I had become one of "those" moms. These days, I overlook what my daughter is wearing and how her hair looks because I am just happy to have gotten everybody out of the house. I ignore the fact that she often wears mismatched shoes. . . although I was a bit aghast once when I forgot to bring a matched shoe to church.
You all should just move to China. While describing your children you have also all just described all the adults at the super martket here!
Post a Comment