Anticlimactic: an-ti-cli-mac-tic (adjective) an event , period, or outcome that is strikingly less important or dramatic than expected.
Adam came home last night with something we have been wanting to purchase for years--a snow blower. The last few days we have had to shovel our driveway multiple times and have even been visited by secret snow blower friends who have taken pity on us and have cleared our driveway with their mack daddy snow blowers (complete with headlights) without our knowledge (except for the fact we heard them and all hid in the windows to see who it was). They just couldn't take watching us shovel a couple feet of snow using the "ancient method" of using a shovel, and not just any shovel, a really cheap shovel at that! So Adam ventured out last night and got a snow blower. We ooohed and aaahed and I helped him get it out of the car and we stood back and looked at it again and smiled and then Adam grabbed the snow shovel and went out and started shoveling the driveway. This, my friends, is what you call anticlimactic. I started laughing and asked him why he wasn't using his snow blower. It was quite late by this time and he didn't have time to read all of the instructions and do all of the initial setup and the driveway only had a few inches so he decided to just get it done. After awhile I looked outside and while our driveway was done I couldn't see Adam. Finally I went outside to see what was taking so long and found him at the neighbors shoveling their driveway with his trusty cheap shovel. It was the home of our secret snow blower friend and he wanted to give back. What a guy.
I always see things around the house that let me know exactly what my kids have been up to. Yesterday I was walking in the entry and found this:
This picture tells me 2 things--1) my table needs to be dusted and 2) Korinne has been here. She always takes one of the wise men or Joseph and lets them have a more exciting, "bird's eye" view of the scene. I keep moving it back only to find it like this again. She cracks me up.
Later on that day I found another one of Britton's football plays on the white board:

I think it is his most complicated play yet. I'm not sure that many guys get to be on the field at one time, but Britton definitely is a man with a plan.
Just a few minutes ago I found this taped up to our pantry door:

"What's this?" I asked. Jenna responded excitedly, "It's our workout schedule! In January we are going to start Yoda!" I smiled on the inside. "Do you mean Yoga?" She giggled, "Yeah, I forget sometimes." She and Britton have been cooking up some workout plans. They see me trying to work out regularly so I can see where they came up with the idea, but to be honest I can't stand yoga (it bores me to tears) so I'm not sure how they came up with their "yoda" plan. What characters! I hope the plan works out for them.
May the force be with you. . .
7 comments:
We are thankful for secret snow blower friends that take pity on us. We are still old fashioned shovelers. I consider it my winter workout, but some years it ends up being more than I bargained for and I am happy when a nice neighbor saves me.
I love the workout calendar. The whole Yoda/Yoga mix up made me laugh. I especially like that there are 42 days in the month.
From this post I think you are able to tell what your kids are going to be when they grow up. Britton will definitely be something that has to do with sports; Jenna will be an athletic trainer; and Korinne will be an interior decorator! How nice to have it all figured out when they are so young!!!
Your kids are so hilarious!! Thanks for sharing their funnies with us!! Merry Christmas!
I love that you went to all the trouble to buy a snow blower and then still used the handy dandy snow shovel anyway!
We got your e-mail but I don't have your e-mail address, Dustin does. So let me take a moment. It sounds like tons of fun! Dustin wants to get up to his parents house but I think we will do that the day after Christmas, if that changes I'll let you know. Let's plan on it unless you hear differently from us. Just let us know the basics: time being the most improtant. Sorry to post this on the blog, but Dustin wasn't getting it done. Thanks!
Oh, ya, working out. How's that working out?
I was doing great until the college decided that the gym would only be open from 11-2 four days a week. (And half of the week we are snowed in anyway!)
I'd like to see one person who has ever moved to Vermont, spent the winter here, and lost weight. Just doesn't happen. Now I know why New England beaches are full of flubber...
How are you feeling about snow right now?
Seeing those football plays. . . Britton is amazing! I always remember visiting you in Atlanta and hearing him say "ball" over and over.
Post a Comment