Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. . .

Our first big snow storm wasn't until December 13th this year. Hey, you can't complain about that (technically I guess you can, but I won't). Adam was shoveling the driveway, or so I thought, when I looked out the back window and saw him and about 6 kids playing in the snow. We have a nice little sledding hill in the back of our house since the lot behind us doesn't have a house on it yet. Adam was pushing the kids down the hill and they were having a blast.


Here is video of Jenna and her friend sledding from our back yard.

All of our errands were put on hold and we spent the day getting the kids in their snow stuff then getting them out of their snow stuff only to get them back in their snow stuff once again. I must admit that I'm not a fan of this process. It wouldn't be so bad if they stayed out for more than 15 min, but the wet mess and the work involved isn't quite worth it for me. (I still do it, but don't love it) I'm hoping that as they get older they will stay out a little longer. I remember playing for hours in the snow with my brother when we were growing up. It seems no matter how long I stayed out in the snow, my brother would always stay out just a bit longer. I don't remember what we did, but we had a lot of fun.

We are now the owners of a ping pong table. Adam was helping a family in our neighborhood move and they asked him if he wanted it. Yeppers! We love it already.

6 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

That is an awesome backyard Sled hill!

Tay and Jen said...

I was wondering if we were going to come home to snow or not. Jen leaves in just a few hours so we'll see if the snow sticks around on not.

-Taylor

Malinda said...

I'm right with you as far as the snow clothes go. I do it, but I don't love it . . . can't we just stay in and watch a movie?!?! It is getting better since the kids can get mostly ready without my help. And, my kids (at least the two oldest) will stay out for hours at a time. That makes it seem like less of a pain.

Tricia said...

Hmmm...you're right about your brother staying outside for hours. You lasted about fifteen minutes, however, which means your kids are right on target. :)

McKay

larah said...

When it snowed down here Dustin headed to the store to buy a couple of shovels (I guess he thought I was going to help him out). The kids came to my rescue however when they started to argue about which shovel they got to use! YES! I stayed inside where it was warm and the kids "helped" Dustin shovel the driveway!
Love your sledding hill by the way!

Kevin & Lindsay said...

Looks like fun at your house! Are you loving it?? You guys are busy. We miss you in the ward!