Monday, December 8, 2008

Sunsets & Santa


I'm not a great photographer, but even without a fancy camera and any picture taking talent you can tell that this was a gorgeous sunset!


I took these pictures from our back deck. I've always wanted to live in a place where I could watch beautiful sunsets from my home. Ah, I love it!

The ward Christmas party is over! Adam and I were in charge of the food and the day of the party was absolutely crazy. I must admit I didn't have time to enjoy one thing about the party, but the kids did enjoy their meeting with Santa so it's all good.


Last year Korinne didn't like her meeting with the big man in red one bit. What a difference a year makes. Speaking of big men in red. . Go Utes!! It's Sugar Bowl Time!!

5 comments:

larah said...

Love the Sunset!
Glad that your ward party turned out all right. Too bad you didn't get to enjoy it. Ours is this weekend.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Such a beautiful Valley. You guys have a Killer View!
If it makes you feel any better, Our ward is having a 3 day event christmas Party. I'm glad I'm not in charge.

Malinda said...

I want Santa to come to our ward Christmas party. He always came when I was kid, but never in this ward . . . I thought it was against church policy or something. It would save me having to wait in line in the cold to visit our regular Santa.

BTW, gorgeous sunset!

Camille said...

Cute post, but my favorite was the Go UTES! Randy really wants to travel to NO, but it is waaaay expensive. Anyway, Merry Christmas, and I'm glad you survived the party.

Tricia said...

We had our ward Christmas party last night. Nice program, nasty food. I'm obnoxious, I know, but once I found out who was in charge of the food I stopped eating. I've been to their house and watched unidentifiable (to me anyway) crawly things scamper between my feet. So, since I was hungry, I made my way to the kitchen to scope out what was home made and what was coming straight out store packaging. While thus engaged, I noticed that the head food honcho had her left thumb wrapped in gauze, looking like it had been tie-dyed red and white. She told me she had inadvertently sliced a large chunk of flesh off of her thumb, but was grateful to have found it so she didn't have to throw out the handful of meat she was working with. Thoroughly nastified, I spied a package of hummus from Costco. We bought the exact same container of hummus for Thanksgiving and loved it, so I scooped up a large helping on a plate and grabbed a bunch of pita bread (straight out of the package, of course). Still chatting with the kitchen staff I threw a big bite of (evidently) fermented hummus in my mouth. Thinking the sour taste was kind of an orange-juice-after-toothpaste kind of thing I gave it a second shot. Nope, bad stuff. I grabbed the container and found the 10/8/08 expiration date! I was the first one to dig into it. What? Do they buy this stuff well over two months in advance or something? At this point I had to mention to dutiful food prep couple that the humus had seen better days...summer days actually. They were unfazed. I was ill. The Bishop, who happened to be looking on, had amusement written all over his face.

From now on, I'm checking the kitchen first.

McKay