Sunday, April 26, 2009

Run, Forrest, Run!


Britton has a shiner. He and a friend were in the basement playing mini-golf with tennis rackets yesterday and his friend had a little too much follow through, if you know what I mean. It is a pretty impressive black eye and a lot of people at church today inquired as to how he managed to obtain such a wound. It is already looking better but I'm sure it will still be around for a few days. It is a good thing we don't have any family pictures scheduled this week.


Yesterday morning we attending the Elementary school's annual "Fun Run" fundraiser. Britton Jenna and I all ran the 1 mile race.


Korinne was super happy to be out in the chilly temperatures cheering us on with Dad.


The kids did great. I ran with Jenna the entire time and not only did she run the whole race but she even had a little kick at the end. Britton finished ahead of us so I didn't get to see his big finish. They had a raffle at the end with a lot of prizes. We were hoping for one of the cool prizes or gift certificates, but came home with a mug. Better luck next year, I guess. It started to rain during the raffle and by the time we got home it was snowing again. We just LOVE spring snow storms. (Me, sarcastic? Never!)



As I write this Adam is in the middle of an intense game of Monopoly with the kids. He really should get some kind of award for patience. He plays these board games with the kids for hours. Even after all of these years it still amazes me.

The older kids have the game down pretty well, but I can hear Adam saying things like, "Korinne, you can't keep taking money from the bank" only to have her reply "But it's MY money, Dad." Hm, sounds like fun.

5 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

I'm impressed that the kids ran a whole mile. Sadie would probably run a mile, but I can barely get Benson to walk around the block!

Kristen said...

Congratulations on the mile run, Jenna, Britton & Hilary! That is awesome! It would have been fun to cheer you on. I don't mind missing the Monopoly game. Way to go Adam and kids.

larah said...

Yeah, one year Parker did have a black eye just in time for family pictures. A little make-up never hurt did it?

Congratulations on the mile run. That is great.

Tay and Jen said...

Adam is a great guy! Monopoly for hours sounds like so much fun...
Way impressive on the mile run. What an awesome fun family activity. Enjoy those spring storms because they bring cleanliness...I kinda miss that...;)
jp

Rob and Amy said...

That IS a pretty impressive black eye! Congrats on the 1 miler - I love doing thoses little races with the kids. Way to model healthy lifestyle habits :)