Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

Our accountant e-filed our taxes at about 9:30 p.m. last night. We've never waited so long to file before nor have we ever stewed over our taxes so much. Since January we have been saying to each other, "we are SO going to have to pay this year." You see, every year we have gotten a nice refund but there were some changes last year and because of a few real estate transactions we were sure we were going to end up owing come April 15th. So, we did what all people who owe taxes do, we waited until the very last minute to do them! You can imagine our shock and surprise when our accountant called to give us the bottom line. We braced ourselves for the worst only to find out we are actually getting a refund. WHAT!?! I've been stewing for 4 months and we're getting a refund!? (And a nice one at that- will wonders never cease?) So tax time around here really was "much ado about nothing."

Korinne and I went to the grocery store today. Walking into the store I said, "Korinne, I love going to the store with you. It's so fun to have just us girls!" She replied, "Um, I like boys best." Moted! After arriving home from the store she went in and showed Adam a few treats we got from the after Easter sale baskets. This is when the following conversation took place:

Adam, "Is this for me?"
Korinne, "No, it's for my friends"
Adam, "Well, can I be your friend so I can have some?"
Korinne, "No"
Adam, "What can I do to be your friend?"
Korinne, "You can be my friend for $1.00"

What?! What a character. Adam laughed pretty hard over that one.

Have you ever seen a strawberry like this?




I had to take video because a picture just wouldn't do it justice.

5 comments:

Malinda said...

Hurray for tax refunds!

I love the video of the mutant strawberry. You're not kidding that a picture wouldn't do it justice.

Heather said...

Wish our tax situation was 'much ado about nothing'! This year was a big fat grrrr....

Jeff & Liberty said...

This is the first time I've ever done my own taxes and I don't have confidence that I did them correctly because we are getting the biggest refund we've ever had. I'm happy about the refund but I may have to go into hiding now...

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I LOVE that you videoed the strawberry. It made me want strawberries, I'll even taken Mutant Strawberries.

Jackie said...

Well start saving those refunds now because when all of your tax deductions turn 18 you will owe. It was quite depressing when our last one turned and even though they were still living at home and we were helping them go to college it still didn't matter to the IRS (which incidently I think stands for Internal Robbery Service)
Loved the strawberry Was it tasty?