First of all my Grandpa turned 95 years old this week and that is nothing to shake a stick at! We went to the Party Barn in Mapleton to celebrate and there was quite a crowd this year. The annual Great Grandkids Easter egg hunt was cancelled due to inclement weather. The kids were consoled after they passed out lunch sacks full of Easter goodies in lieu of the hunt and let them frost and decorate cupcakes. Here are the kids with their Great Grandpa:
If you are really really into holidays and doing fun and cute things with your kids to celebrate each one of them than you should definitely stop reading here. I'm pretty sure you will cringe if you read this next section.
Ok, so this is the first year I have ever done Easter baskets for my kids. I know, I know Britton is 7, but I never saw a need before after they would get bags and bags of candy and stuff at extended family Easter hunts in years past. It just seemed ridiculous to give them yet another basket of stuff so we just focused on the real meaning of Easter on Sunday and called it good. Well, since we weren't doing any family hunts this year I went into unknown territory--the Easter basket. It wasn't anything fancy, some peeps, a few jelly beans, 1 small chocolate bunny, a CTR ring, a Choose the Right bracelet, and a scripture story. This morning Britton was the first one up and he went downstairs and then came upstairs and said, "What are those things on the table?" Easter baskets. "Who are they for?" You guys. "Who are they from?" (Ok, I'm sorry but I refuse to say the 'Easter Bunny' brought them seeing as he hasn't ever brought anything before) Us. "Wow! THANK YOU! That's awesome!" I'm all about setting low expectations when it comes to holidays. That way they are super excited about the small things.
The girls and Britton in their Easter duds.
Ok, so this is the first year I have ever done Easter baskets for my kids. I know, I know Britton is 7, but I never saw a need before after they would get bags and bags of candy and stuff at extended family Easter hunts in years past. It just seemed ridiculous to give them yet another basket of stuff so we just focused on the real meaning of Easter on Sunday and called it good. Well, since we weren't doing any family hunts this year I went into unknown territory--the Easter basket. It wasn't anything fancy, some peeps, a few jelly beans, 1 small chocolate bunny, a CTR ring, a Choose the Right bracelet, and a scripture story. This morning Britton was the first one up and he went downstairs and then came upstairs and said, "What are those things on the table?" Easter baskets. "Who are they for?" You guys. "Who are they from?" (Ok, I'm sorry but I refuse to say the 'Easter Bunny' brought them seeing as he hasn't ever brought anything before) Us. "Wow! THANK YOU! That's awesome!" I'm all about setting low expectations when it comes to holidays. That way they are super excited about the small things.
The girls and Britton in their Easter duds.
2 comments:
Love the dresses! Jenna looks happier about her dress though. Hope you had a great Easter. Sorry we didn't make it through your neck of the woods. We left grandmas house later than we had anticipated. We'll make it though one of these days. We have a score to settle in the settlers domain.
Beautiful dresses!
Some days I wish I would have set lower holiday expectations for my kids. We don't go all out (expense-wise), but we have a lot of traditions. It can kind of wear a girl out.
Post a Comment