
Ok, I broke another important but perhaps lesser known Mommy commandment, "Thou shalt not forget to bring water to thy son's soccer game on a sunny day." It was the first soccer game with the sun shining and while I was pleased the entire family was there on time (with sunscreen on, thank you very much!), it became apparent that I'm just not used to operating with good weather yet this year. After the first quarter Britton came running to me with the most desperate look on his face, "water, WATER!" I was at a complete loss. In the last 6 months of my life bringing water to anything was simply not on my to-do list so not once did it enter my mind. Other soccer games were quite cool so he never asked for water. I watched as all of his teammates gulped Gatorade and carefully prepared water bottles with ice while Britton cried for water. Let's just say it wasn't my best Mommy moment. We got through it, but only after I raided our friends' after game treat stash for a Capri Sun. Britton doesn't like Capri Suns, but he drank every last drop. Believe me when I say I don't plan on breaking this Mommy commandment again!

I can't figure out why there was blue all over her legs and feet as well. She really is a very talented young lady.
Korinne has had some difficulty coming to terms with sunscreen. She doesn't remember much about it from last summer and finds it to be quite a bother. She wanted to go out and play yesterday so I told her that if she wanted to go outside she would need to put sunscreen on. "No, Mom, I don't need it because I'll be really careful." I tried to explain that it doesn't matter if you are careful or not you will get a sunburn if you don't have sunscreen on. Just before bed Korinne noticed that her arm was somewhat red. Never missing an opportunity to panic over a health care issue she exclaimed, "Mom, my arm is red! I need some sunscreen right now!" I had to explain to her that sunscreen wasn't going to help her now, it only helps when you are actually in the sun. She seemed skeptical but decided to take my word for it this time.
She got in the blueberries today. I won't even tell you about it, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.
Jenna is very happy that all of Britton's soccer games are at the local elementary school. Now she and Korinne can play on all of the playground equipment while Britton plays soccer. She is great to keep an eye out for Korinne and I'm happy that she is so happy about the new arrangement. Let's just say she isn't much of a sports nut.
There is another boy in our ward whose name is Britton. He and Britton are the same age and they are also on the same soccer team. I really never thought I would have to specify which Britton I was cheering for. The other family is trying to adjust to multiple Britton's as well. I thought Jenna was our most common name but we haven't come across any Jenna's and I already know of 3 Britton's (all the same age). Pretty crazy, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment