Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Flip!

Korinne likes pink frosting.


Every once in awhile I catch her getting into a leftover container of pink frosting in the fridge with a spoon. Today, however, she was determined to cover her tracks so she put the spoon she used to eat said frosting back in the silverware drawer--you know, so I wouldn't notice.
Clever. "What? I don't know what you are talking about, Mom."

Britton learned what it means to "flip someone off" today. At dinner he mentioned that one of the older kids "flipped off" another kid on the bus. We talked about it and Britton vowed to never participate in such activities. "Why would someone ever do that anyway, Mom?" Good question. Well, at the end of our discussion Jenna asked wide eyed, "So, did he really flip him all the way off the bus??" We had to rewind a bit and explain what the term "flipped off" meant. Her question made me smile. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all stay naive forever?

3 comments:

Malinda said...

That spoon makes me laugh! Pretty sneaky.

Ben has always pointed with his middle finger, so we had to address the flipping off issue early (to explain to him why he needed to point with his index finger). The worst was when he would point to something in Primary. There's nothing like a 4 year old flipping off a picture of Moses.

larah said...

Wow! I am impressed that you just have extra pink frosting lying around! I don't think I have any frosting in my house. Good for you guys. Speaking of frosting makes me want a cupcake....gotta go!

Rob and Amy said...

Okay, LOVE it! One of my kids (still unknown which) licked the frosting tub clean and left it on the shelf. Lid on, foil still on. So I'm thinking I've got frosting-till I reach for it and it's suspiciously light! HMMMMM.