Today we caught
up on our family interviews. Every year when one of our kids has a birthday we do a birthday interview for the video camera. We ask them a lot of questions and they have fun answering and being themselves. We started this before Korinne was born and our hope is that by the time they leave home we will have a GREAT video montage of them growing up and maturing. While this plan is great in theory I must admit that a few of our "birthday" interviews have taken place a few months after the big day. Case in point- Korinne will be 3 1/2 on May 22nd and today was her "birthday" interview. This afternoon we started with Jenna's interview (only 3 months late) and then did Korinne's. After their interviews I spontaneously interviewed Adam and then the kids thought they might as well interview me. In the end we decided to just be proactive and interview Britton since his birthday is in 4 months. So, here are a few highlights from each of our recorded interviews.
up on our family interviews. Every year when one of our kids has a birthday we do a birthday interview for the video camera. We ask them a lot of questions and they have fun answering and being themselves. We started this before Korinne was born and our hope is that by the time they leave home we will have a GREAT video montage of them growing up and maturing. While this plan is great in theory I must admit that a few of our "birthday" interviews have taken place a few months after the big day. Case in point- Korinne will be 3 1/2 on May 22nd and today was her "birthday" interview. This afternoon we started with Jenna's interview (only 3 months late) and then did Korinne's. After their interviews I spontaneously interviewed Adam and then the kids thought they might as well interview me. In the end we decided to just be proactive and interview Britton since his birthday is in 4 months. So, here are a few highlights from each of our recorded interviews.Jenna's favorite colors are pink, gold and silver. Her favorite thing to do is "go crazy." This last year she loved our trip to Disneyland-- her favorite rides were Space Mountain, and big Thunder Mountain. When she grows up she would like to be a Mom, a singer, a dancer, and a teacher. (Hmm, sounds like my job description) She likes to play dress-up with Korinne and her favorite food is tortellini.
Korinne insists that she is 7 years old. We asked her how old she was about 5 times and she never wavered in her response. Her favorite color is red, she loves primary and her favorite primary song is "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam." We asked her a lot of questions, but mostly she just talked about being 7 and being able to get baptized soon. She had us all cracking up.
Britton loves everything about school. I asked him to tell me something he was good at and he went on for about 10 minutes. (You've got to love the confidence) He talked about his friends and how he is into Pokemon cards right now. His favorite color is red, he loves breadsticks, cheese pizza and vanilla ice cream and he is NOT a fan of soda pop.
Since Adam's birthday really is this month it was pretty timely to do his interview today. He doesn't know what he wants to be when he "grows up" but thought he might want to be a mortgage lender. (Ha Ha) His favorite place to be is home (which is a good thing because he is here about 95% of the time) His favorite color is blue, his favorite food is chicken pillows and he loves cookie dough or cookies and cream ice cream. The best part about turning 33? "That I'm older than Mom." (Good answer!)
Jenna asked most of the questions for my interview and she asked some pretty good questions that made me think, like "If you could go anywhere, where would you go?" I've always wanted to go to Jerusalem. It may be a few years, but I'll get there someday. What is my favorite food? Anything that I don't have to come up with and make for dinner! i.e. a Fire grilled steak salad from Cafe Rio :) My favorite color is red and my favorite treat is chocolate anything.
As you can see a good time was had by all and we even managed to learn a few new things about each other.
7 comments:
That is a great tradition! I've heard of seven things this last week that made me say "why didn't I hear about that when Ben was 2?!?"
Britton doesn't like capri suns or soda pop?
That's a great idea. I may have to start something similar. Thanks for the idea!
Wow, that Korinne is quite a character. Just wait until she is a teenager and thinks she is older than she really is! haha! In response to your comment on my blog, I first found chocolate covered cinn. bears at the BYU bookstore (so that's why you probably don't know about them!). But I am too lazy to make them myself so I just take a few milk chocolate chips and a cinnamon bear and eat them together! YUM! Perfect combo! You should try it!
What a fantastic tradition! You are good at coming up with some excellent ones. I wish that I had thought of it when I was raising you kids. All I came up with was birthday breakfasts with Dad since he was usually out of town on your birthdays so he had to take you when he could.
Very clever idea...we may have to do it too! Your posts always crack me up. You are so funny and the way you write your daily happenings is very entertaining! I can't wait to meet this little Korinne someday!
Super Cute Idea! I want to see the videos! You're technology savvy, let's see some clips.
That's a great idea! I think I may do the same thing, except book form, since I'm not a computer techie like you are.
Post a Comment