Sunday, May 24, 2009

What a zoo

Shawn, Tiffany and Abigail are in town from Texas and came up on Friday with my parents for a quick visit. The weather was so pleasant we decided to go down to our little zoo here in town. I still get such a kick out of the fact that this is the sign you pass as you go into the zoo:


There isn't anyone at the entrance and it is completely based on the honor system. I remember the first time I saw it it made me laugh. I haven't seen anything like it in the past 20 years or so. On Friday night you could see that the entire tube was filled with money so it looks like it is working out quite nicely around these parts.

Notice my Mom behind the rest of the group on her cell phone working on a real estate deal. So typical!


My Mom and Tif had all 4 kids on the swings at once. I noticed by the end they were focusing their energy on helping the kids learn to pump for themselves. Hmm, I wonder why?

Tiffany's birthday was on Wednesday and Adam's was on Thursday so we had a little birthday party for the both of them.




Friday just happened to be Korinne's 1/2 birthday so she felt right at home in her party hat. I'm sure she probably felt like part of the celebration was really for her. Congrats on being 3 1/2!





Abigail felt it was her duty to blow out the candles.


Can I just tell you how gorgeous the weather has been? We went to another park on Saturday and the kids played and played. It was the absolute perfect temperature to be hanging out outside.

3 comments:

Malinda said...

I had forgotten about the honor system payment at the zoo. I went there with Kaylynn about 5 years ago and it cracked me up. That is a sign of a community with a really low crime rate!

larah said...

It looks like you all had a good time! Happy Birthday to everyone!

I love that the zoo was only 1.00! What a deal!

Tay and Jen said...

The Logan Zoo is pretty great. We love your new kitchen table, and we can't believe! how grown up Korinne is looking! See you all in two weeks!
-Jen