She looks homeless, but she's not. She is into dressing herself these days which explains the outfit. Powder blue shirt and light green pants that are too small--not exactly my favorite outfit. Adam is brave because he actually took her to the store this way. I prefer to keep them at home when it looks like they don't have one. One day this week Korinne wasn't in the mood to have her hair done so I decided to give her some hair options. "How would you like your hair today?, You get to pick." Her reply, "not beautiful" with a pout. Classic Korinne. I had to laugh at her when I got out a "vintage" VHS cassette tape of an old Veggie Tales show we had in the basement. Boy was she frustrated when it wouldn't "skip" to the next part of the show. "Mom, it won't skip, it won't skip!" Um yeah, it is a VHS tape, they don't skip, sweetheart, you have to fast forward it to where you want it. The concept was completely lost on this digital child so she just turned the whole thing off and went on her merry way. No menu, no special features, whatever this VHS thing was she wasn't having any part of it.
Jenna and Korinne have a good thing going on with reading. Jenna likes to read books to Korinne and Korinne likes to listen to Jenna read them to her. It is so nice when I'm cleaning up in the mornings to look in Jenna's room and see her reading books to Korinne. I tried to capture it with my camera one morning, but it didn't come out the best.
Just another week in the life. . .
7 comments:
"I prefer to keep them at home when it looks like they don't have one." Now that is funny!
Your comments are so funny and descriptive. Britton is writing music. How wonderful. Tell him I'm impressed. I'm glad he is enjoying it.
Wow! You guys have a lot going on! I think that is great that Britton is writing his own music. It looked good to me even without the printed music sheet.
You have also got to love it when kids start dressing themselves. I have been known to take things out of their dressers just so they didn't have the option of paring it with something else.
So fun to peek in on you! I love the pics of your kids at the demo derby - NICE! Well, when in Rome...
How's that relay training coming along?
Wow! Impressive Britton! He is an amazing one. . .
I'm with Korinne on the VHS thing. Seriously I can't believe that we lived with that hassle for so many years. Technology really dates us . . . I am OLD because I actually purchased VHS tapes (as an adult!) and I took 8th grade keyboarding on a typewriter! My kids will probably never use either of those things.
I love that Britton wrote that song. I would like to think that he included all of those details because of great piano instruction. Too bad it is just his personality.
Post a Comment