Sunday, June 1, 2008

Singing in the Rain

Jenna had her big dance recital on Saturday night. For years she has had to sit through all of Britton's soccer, basketball and T-ball games and finally it was her time to shine. She even got a trophy at the end of the performance with her name on it which absolutely thrilled her. I had to laugh because she was downright giddy after being able to perform on a stage, "Did you see me, Mom? Didn't I look great!?" (She has always been big on humility) Her group did 2 dances, one to "Singing in the Rain" and the other to "The Adam's Family."


Today in church Sacrament meeting was ending with a prayer that was going a little long for Korinne's taste so she said a rather loud, "Amen" during the middle of it and then started talking about how excited she was to see her nursery friends. She doesn't get her usual nap on Sundays so at times she gets grumpy and other times she gets really silly. Today she was laughing and joking around and teasing the other kids. This is all rather amusing at home but not so cute in the middle of a church meeting. It seems Korinne is always looking for a party. It is hard for me to believe that in just 6 short months she is going to be a Sunbeam!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Cute pics! I can just imagine Jenna's excitement at her big debut!

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Love Jenna's dance costumes. Too cute. I just finished being the sunbeam teacher and I can just imagine Korinne in Sunbeams. She will keep it exciting!

Malinda said...

I wish I would have borrowed Korinne for our fast meeting yesterday. I told Nate that you can divide Mormons into two groups: those that stand up to bear their testimony at 6 minutes to noon and those who growl inside their heads when someone else does that. I know it is a shortcoming, but I definitely fall into the second group.