Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

At our house it is all about Dad all of the time. As I've said before Adam is definitely the favorite and all 3 of the kids are currently and have always been a Daddy's boy/girl. Adam just has a way with kids and spends all of his free time playing with them. Britton was only a few months old before we noticed he had a clear preference for Adam. I was his food source and was with him all day, but the moment Adam walked in the door at night Britton really didn't care if I was around or not. Now, I could feel bad about the fact that they only want to sit by him at dinner and prefer to be with him at all times, but I've learned that it doesn't mean I'm a bad Mom, it just means they have a GREAT Dad. Just this morning I was trying to let Adam take a rare Sunday nap for Father's Day when Korinne came crying at the door. I went out to tend to her needs so Adam could sleep but she took one look at me and started crying even louder and said in her 2 year old voice, "I don't want you, I want Dad!" Uhhh, thanks. It made me laugh.

To my Dad, and to Adam I say, "Happy Father's Day!"

Hey, has anyone read any good books lately? I'm looking for a good read.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything by Alexander McCall Smith is great to read.

Kris Tina said...

hey - a bunch of people have signed up for the website "goodreads" or something like that where you can look at what your friends are reading and see if you are interested. I'm not advertising for the site - but I definitely have found some potential books for myself after perusing through my friends' lists. Send me your e-mail and I will invite you to the site.

Kate said...

I heard the Ensign is a good read! Oh, wait -- you've already read that! Just Kidding Hilary! :-)

Christy said...

Lately I only read biographies because I like to read about someone who, in reality, overcame great odds with God's help. In the past year some of my favorites have been:

Left to Tell (a Ruwandan genocide survivor - very spiritual book)

Lifting our Eyes (about a very Christian victim of the Virginia Tech Tragedy)

Not without my daughter (An American woman and her daughter trapped in Iran)

:) Christy