What do you get when you have
free day at the "This is the Place" park? A parking lot that looks like this:

I had to laugh when we had to search for our mini-van in a parking lot that resembled the mini-van section of a car dealership. The kids, Grandma Price and I had a great time on our Pioneer adventure. The kids got to go to pioneer school,

Take pony rides,

Pet baby animals,


Ride on a train and a covered wagon AND eat a free ice cream cone. For a 2, 5 and 6 year old, life just doesn't get much better. A sunny day in the high 70's had us ALL saying, "THIS IS THE PLACE!" It was perfection.
6 comments:
We went there a week ago and decided to pay the extra $20 to buy a year membership. Our kids had a blast so we figured it would be fun to go back a few times. We also plan to go back with just me and Andrea and actually spend some reading and learning about the exhibits and pioneers and everything else.
We have honestly never been there -- another thing to add to our "summer to do list"! Looks like fun! And hilarious picture of the parking lot! Must of been a lot of Mormons there!
I love that last picture of your mini me. Too cute!
I found your blog through others in the ward!! I love looking at other blog so that i can live vicariously through others lives! It's fun to see what others are doing that i'm not :) I will have to go there with my kids, they would love it!
What! You mean out of the 100,000 other mothers and children who were there, INCLUDING ME!!! that you were not one of the mothers that i saw. That would have been a fun run in, and could you believe the free ice cream!!! Eat your hear out.
Yeah, let me know if you know of any other free bees!
Perfect weather for that also!
Wow! How did I miss a free day? Those are my favorite deals ever. I love the mini-van picture - so, so true! But, hey, we are happy for lower gas costs than an SUV, right?
Anyway, just needed to report that I have caught up again with reading your blog and have totally loved every minute of it again. I love the unique things you think to include and to hear about your cute family and get a little inside picture of them.
Love,
Em
Post a Comment