When I was growing up "2010" sounded like the name of a Sci-Fi movie, not something I would actually be writing on the date line of my checks. But here we are in 2010. I'm not much of a new year's resolutions kind of person. I tend to avoid making goals at this time of year because I can't stand the thought of being one of "those" people who go back to their old ways in a matter of weeks. Having said that I will confess that during November and December I have been one of "those" people who eat
way too much and gain 5 pounds during the holidays. Guilty as charged and let's be honest, I loved every minute of it. Now, how to reconcile my first statement with my second--no goals, extra 5 pounds. . . .Hmmm, I'll have to think a about that.
This last week we traveled to S.G. to visit Gramma and Grampa C. It was fun to escape the snow for a few days. My kids thought temperatures in the 40's meant there was no need to unpack their coats from the back of the car so that is precisely where they stayed until we got home. I have noticed that I'm the only one in the family who takes wearing coats and jackets seriously. It can be 30 degrees outside and Adam and the kids are running around without coats or jackets. My pleas for them to put on their coats are answered only with confused looks. It's Korinne that puts that look into words, "But I don't need it, Mom." Unfortunately for me just looking at them run around this way makes me cold! Ok, I digress. We arrived in S.G. on Monday night and by midday Tuesday the kids were happily playing with their cousins at Jumpin Jack's indoor playland.

It was big and had several of these huge blow up slides and obstacle courses.

Korinne and cousin Aiden coming down a big slide. They are only 6 months apart and were little buddies at the playground.
Leave it to Korinne to come up with the "get the air out of the red columns and then jump in the hole it creates" plan. Aiden was a willing accomplice.


The next day we headed to a cool animal museum that had a ton of animals who had all been alive at one point, but through the magic of taxidermy still looked very real. Some of the animals were extremely rare and I had never seen anything like them. When we arrived the kids each received their own binoculars so they could see all of the animals up close. They also provided us with black wand type devices that when held to our ears told us all about the animals and where in the world they can be found. It was really interesting and Britton was in heaven. It was definitely his kind of place!

On Friday we went with Gramma and Grampa and Uncle Steven to the Chuck-a-Rama. I must admit that it was my first Chuck-a-Rama experience, but lately my kids have fallen in love with the buffet thing. I, of course, dutifully did my part and ate way too much. It was only right, being Chuck-a-Rama and all. Then it was off to Pioche for New Year's with Grandma Great. She prepared a grand New Year's feast and when I say feast I really mean it! The food was so good and by this time I had gotten really good at eating so I just kept right on eating Grandma's endless snacks and treats throughout the entire night.
This was our 2nd time in 3 years ringing in the new year in Pioche with Grandma. At 9 p.m. we watched the ball drop live in NYC. We celebrated and then started to get the kids ready for bed. Jenna was the one who called us on it. "But when is it really the new year here in Pioche??" Uh, they didn't ask questions 2 years ago when we did the same thing and it had worked out so well to ring in the new year and still have them in bed by 10 p.m. Jenna was determined to stay up until the real new year, but she didn't make it. She was asleep by about 11.
Here we are with Grandma Great right before we left for home.
We are back at home now and adjusting to the 9:00 a.m. church schedule. No, I'm not a fan. In a perfect world every ward would always have 11:00 church. Just sayin'.
4 comments:
Happy New Year! Yeah, when you live in Vermont, church starts at 10am every week of every year. It's not half bad.
Dustin LOVES 9:00 am church. He's crazy but he gets his wish this year.
Parker made it till 9:30 on New Years Eve but Cassidy was a tropper and stayed up until midnight! Happy New Year!
We love early church but we just made the switch to 1 p.m. I had no idea all those activities existed in SG. Looks like lots of fun was had by all. Happy New Year.
Just tonight Anna got in the car without shoes and didn't seem to mind one bit. Crazy kids! Good times in S.G. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment