Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wild Horses

I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted.  My brother and his wife were in town from China for a few weeks so last Sunday we headed to my parents house to have dinner with them along with my sister, Heather, and her family and my cousin, Dustin, and his family.  It was just like the good ol' days of monthly Sunday dinners at my parents' house when we all lived within a few miles of each other.

This week was pretty typical, in a "dead of winter" sort of way.  Britton had scouts, Jenna and Korinne went to gymnastics, I went to a RS dinner group and had physical therapy and a Dr. appt for my leg, and Britton had his weekly piano lesson.  I took Korinne to the Doctor on Friday morning to get her second H1N1 shot and that went over like a lead balloon.  She is the hypochondriac of the family so I wasn't quite sure what to tell her as we headed out the door.  I finally just told her we were going to the Doctor but didn't elaborate.  On the way there I listened to her try and figure out what was going on.  It started out with, "Am I going to the Dentist?"  I told her she wasn't going to the Dentist she was going to the Doctor.  After a few minutes of silence she asked," Is the Dentist the flu shot place, or is the Doctor the flu shot place?"  Busted. The gig was up. She knew what was going on.  It took 3 dum dum suckers to get her through the ordeal and she will still limp occasionally to remind us all that she did indeed get a shot in her thigh.

Adam looked up from his desk on Friday and saw a bunch of horses running around in front of our house.  The neighbor's horses got out and they were clearly very excited to be running free.


We made a phone call to the neighbor who made another phone call to the owners and before too long the horses were back behind the fence.  Wild deer, horses. . .our neighborhood is never a dull place.

Yesterday Adam decided to rearrange things a bit in his office and went into full MacGyver mode.  Korinne, of course, wasn't far behind.



That hats were on backwards and tools were involved.  A good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love the horse pic...good stuff.

Polka Dots and Posies said...

I also love the horse pic! Sorry about your leg :( What a buzz-kill. At least it's sort of the off-running season right now.