Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tough enough to wear pink

We went to the County Fair and Rodeo last night at the fairgrounds. The Rodeo was doing a breast cancer awareness night so all of the cowboys and rodeo royalty wore pink. I witnessed something I never thought I would see-- all of the tough cowboys in pink shirts, but pink they were.

Do you think they all had a pink shirt on hand? Or was the local Cal Ranch store caught off guard? I can hear the conversation now, "Mable, that is the 5th cowboy coming in for a pink shirt. . .what is going on?!" Anyway, it was a fun rodeo and although we didn't get to spend a lot of time at the fair we did enjoy a few scones. I think it would be impossible to go to a fair and not have a huge scone. Yummy. My parents came up for the festivities and I must say we picked the perfect night to go to the rodeo. The Thursday rodeo had terrible winds, and today it has been raining all day so its probably going to be a bit muddy and cool tonight. Last night was perfect.

My kids are all in redneck training. We are becoming demolition derby and rodeo regulars.

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

In my opinion, there isn't a much better activity than a demolition derby. That is the ONE activity I made sure I did while we were in Utah this summer!

Kaylynn said...

We were at the rodeo Thursday night and Saturday night - but Friday you were there and we weren't. Jill rode in the grand entry on Thursday and Saturday. Saturday night turned out to be a pretty nice evening. I am glad it wasn't raining. I am glad you liked the rodeo:)

Jeff & Liberty said...

There is a competitive lawn mower race season here. It's the sort of thing I'd drag my kidlets to in a heart beat, but the races are on Sundays. The real hicks here are more hickier than I've ever seen. (A big statement coming from me (and our family tree), I know, but it's true if not surprising!)