Today Adam and I were able to participate in the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. The first presidency cancelled all regular Sunday meetings across the entire state so that everyone could go to their stake center and participate in one of the sessions via satellite. I don't know when that has ever happened before but it was nice to have an entire Sunday to focus on something so special. To be able to attend you had to be at least 8 years old and baptized. Britton is 8 but won't be getting baptized until Saturday so he missed it by only 6 days. I was kind of sad he had to miss such an event but the Stake President was firm and we were happy to abide by whatever he said. It really is a beautiful temple.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Dedicated
Today Adam and I were able to participate in the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. The first presidency cancelled all regular Sunday meetings across the entire state so that everyone could go to their stake center and participate in one of the sessions via satellite. I don't know when that has ever happened before but it was nice to have an entire Sunday to focus on something so special. To be able to attend you had to be at least 8 years old and baptized. Britton is 8 but won't be getting baptized until Saturday so he missed it by only 6 days. I was kind of sad he had to miss such an event but the Stake President was firm and we were happy to abide by whatever he said. It really is a beautiful temple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What did you do with the kids during the dedication?
We had the option of going to 2 sessions so we switched with another family in the ward. They went in the morning, we went in the afternoon. It was pretty slick.
That is a beautiful temple. Where exactly is the Oquirrh Mountain Temple located? And I am never going to be able to spell it right. I didn't know that you all got to take the day off that is great that they did that. Congratulations to Britton on his baptisim.
Post a Comment