Everyone was under 12, I had 3 free games and we got the group rate. Final total to take 13 kids mini-golfing? 20 bucks. Add ice cream bars, donuts and water and what do you have? 13 very happy kids who had a GREAT time and one Mom who had a stress free birthday party with 5 min. of cleanup time. The party ended at 3 p.m. and by 3:15 we were home again and the house was as clean as when we left. It was AWESOME!
It was Korinne and Jenna's first time golfing. They didn't last as long as the older kids, but they still had fun.
The kids broke up into 2 groups and were able to keep score and do everything by themselves.
Ok, so I didn't drag a big cake out to the Willows golf park, but the kids were just as happy to have donuts and ice cream bars. Here is Britton's birthday donut before he blew the candle out.
We had them sitting down to open the presents, but it wasn't too long before they were packed in so tight Britton couldn't even move. There was a lot of "oooh"ing and "Ahh"ing when he opened anything that had to do with Pokemon. (Pokemon is all the rage in our neighborhood these days)
It was fun and Britton really enjoyed his day.
Tonight we went to back to school night where the whole concept of going to school in the morning started to feel more real. The kids met their teachers and I really like them both. I'm also pleased because Jenna's class has 21 kids and Britton's class has 23. I remember having like 30 or 31 when I was growing up so I'm glad the class sizes are smaller around here. Here is Jenna with her new teacher Mrs. Theobald.
I wasn't able to get Britton with his teacher, Mrs. Rees, but since it is his birthday tomorrow I will be going in during the afternoon with treats for his class.
Korinne will start preschool this year. We are doing a joy school with her and 5 other kids in the neighborhood. All of the Mom's will take turns teaching which means I will teach 6 different weeks during the year. She is really excited to start preschool and feels very grown up.
Change is in the air. . .can you feel it?
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Britton!
Happy Birthday Britton! Glad that you had a super fun party! Your mom has such great party ideas!
Sounds like a fabulous party! Happy Birthday to Britton!
Happy Birthday Britton!
The "BIG 8"--Happy Birthday to Britton!
Post a Comment