Jenna's first day of 1st grade.
Korinne's first day of being the only one at home with Mom and Dad.
I found her in the linen closet playing with her Barbie. She didn't seem to mind having Britton and Jenna gone all day and found plenty of things to do to keep her busy. Unfortunately for Adam this involved going into his office a lot more than usual.
I got a call from the school at about 10:30 a.m. telling me that Britton had been stung by a bee during recess. They just wanted to make sure he wasn't allergic to bee stings. What a way to start out the first day of school AND his birthday. The only other call I've ever received from the school was last year on Jenna's birthday. She had fallen into a huge puddle and her clothes were drenched so they were calling so I could bring a complete change of clothes for her. My kids don't have a lot of luck on their birthdays when it comes to recess. Anyway, Britton said his first day of school was great (I got to peak in on him when I brought treats for his birthday in the afternoon), but Jenna said everything about her first day was boring. Even lunch was boring. I wasn't sure what that meant as she isn't one to expound when asked specific questions, but was rather relieved when at the end of her 2nd day she said everything was awesome and she loved school. I asked her what her favorite thing was as she replied with "everything." So I asked my usual follow-up, "What was your least favorite thing?" She gave the equally informative response of, "nothing." I have no idea what exactly changed from day one to day two, but she has always loved everything about school in the past so I'm pretty sure it will carry through to this year as well.
At the end of their first day we celebrated Britton's 8th birthday.
3 comments:
Wish I could be there for the big baptism day! Congrats to Britton.
So is Kim engaged? Tell her congrats.
Happy Birthday Britton! I hope that your baptism day is special. What an important event in your life. Congratulations!
Post a Comment