Thursday, August 6, 2009

A little nightime reading

In Jenna and Korinne's world beds are not used for sleeping. They have far more important roles to play such as personal bedroom trampolines and for extra storage when they don't feel like putting things away but have been instructed to "clean up their rooms." I've blogged before about our nightly task of finding where our kids have fallen asleep for the night because it is different every night. Korinne's sleeping location of choice is on the floor by her night light. This is what we found last night before going to bed:

Upon further investigation we were pretty sure Korinne was under there.

But just to make sure Adam picked up the book.

Yup. There she is! But the question remains, how in the world was she able to fall asleep that way? Just another bedtime mystery to keep things exciting around here.

Jenna found a new way to annoy Britton. Unbeknownst to her it is a technique employed the world over and goes waaaaaay back. It is the ol' "repeat everything the person says" game. Unfortunately for Jenna, it didn't take Britton too long before he figured out a way for it to stop. You see, the first few attempts were super successful and Jenna was practically giddy with joy as Britton slid into utter frustration and began screaming things like, "Stop repeating me!" and trying to not burst into tears. A few days later when Jenna started into what she considered a fool proof method of utter annoyance Britton pulled a fast one.
Britton, "Jenna, stop repeating what I say!"
Jenna, "Jenna, stop repeating what I say!"
Britton, "Britton is the best brother in the whole world!"
Jenna (after a pause and with less enthusiasm) "Britton is the best brother in the whole world."
Britton, "I love Britton SO much!"
Jenna, "Um, let's play something else. . ."
I've got to hand it to Britton, it was a genius move. Needless to say Jenna doesn't repeat what he says anymore.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

I love the book teepee. Too cute!

larah said...

What a clever way to get rid of the "parrot." I think we always used more negative comments to get it to stop but I like the positive swing Britton put on it!