Monday, August 17, 2009

Party On

The last moments of the kids' summer vacation are slipping away much to the dismay of Britton and Jenna. They have had so much fun this summer that unlike years past they don't feel ready to start back to school. Britton's hair is a lot lighter in color than when the summer began due to being out in the sun all day every day, and Jenna is a shade of bronze I have not seen on ANY relative of mine in a looooong time.

School starts on Thursday which is also Britton's 8th Birthday. We were trying to come up with a birthday party plan for him and decided to have a party the day before (the 19th) and have all of his friends wear their swimming suits and play water games in the back yard. We thought we had it all figured out until the OTHER party invitations started to come in. Britton first got invited to a end of summer party the day before his planned party with everyone coming in swim suits and playing with water in the back yard. As if that wasn't enough 2 more invitations came in for today and BOTH were "wear your swim suits and we'll play water games in the back yard" parties. One from 1:00-3:00 and the other from 3:30-5:00. Just in case you lost count that would be 4 parties in 3 days all with the same kids doing the same kind of stuff. Needless to say our water party miraculously turned into a miniature golfing party and the invitations are in the process of being tweaked. Jenna also got invited to a back to school party this afternoon so Korinne and I are getting a sneak peak at what is is store for us this school year--lots of quality bonding time. Sheesh, have you ever heard of so many parties in one week? This doesn't make going back to school any easier for my 2 little party animals.

On Saturday night after digging a hole in an area in our yard where we have plans to put in a firepit next year Adam started a fire and got out everything to make s'mores. Then we sent the kids around to invite the neighbors to come and gather around the fire and we ended up with quite a crowd. I took a picture of a few people who were there and tried to make it look like we were actually out in the wilderness.

Convincing? Hope so. Perhaps with pictures like this around my kids will think we actually took them camping a few times. Is it sad that Adam and I had been married for 7 years before I discovered that we actually owned a tent? What's even worse is that even after I discovered the tent we have yet to use it. Apparently we are quite the campers.

6 comments:

Adam, Hilary, and Fam said...

Just wanted to make note that we have used the tent two times in our married life. Once for a Father's and Son's (aka Priesthood commemoration) campout when B was 22 months old and once last year...in the backyard. Party On!

Adam

Hilary said...

Oh yeah, I think I remember that now. . .of course I was sleeping comfortably in my own bed on both occassions. :) Party on.

larah said...

I love that there are people out there ready to party up the last days of summer! Good luck with Britons party!

Malinda said...

Wow. You moved into a party neighborhood. That is just plain crazy to me. Way to improvise with the golf plan. Sounds like a great party.

p.s. Go camping already! It is fun.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Just got back from camping an hour ago! It was the first family camping trip we've taken since we had kids. Overall, I'd give it a thumbs up.

Good luck with the end of summer party schedule. Sounds intense.

grannyl said...

Save all that camping spirit for a trip to Mackay that would be a camping trip. We need a Price gathering at the old Mackay homestead.