Sunday, March 8, 2009

SNW

Every few weeks I find myself trying to think of blogging material and coming up short. These are the slow news weeks (SNW) and are both good and bad. Good because that means we are all healthy and just plugging through life. Bad because I have a blog to keep up and what's a blog without any blogging material?? The most exciting thing that happened this week is something I have to borrow because I don't have an exciting story of my own. This one is from my visiting teacher, Erica. She was in my home on Thursday night very pregnant and visiting teaching her little heart out until about 8 p.m. Less than 2 hours later she had had her baby IN THE CAR on the way to the hospital. Yup, she delivered her own baby in the front seat of her car (thank goodness for leather interior), after only 20 min. of hard labor. The baby is healthy and all is well, but it made for such a great story I had to put it in MY blog.

In other news:

-Britton and Jenna have started piano lessons. They are really enjoying them so far.
-I totally fell off the exercise wagon this week! I was sick last Sunday and Monday and never got my ducks in a row to get back on the treadmill. I'm training for the Wasatch Back Relay in June so I can't let that happen again!
-Korinne is still making good on her vow to never get potty trained. At this rate she will be the only Kindergartner with pull-ups in the fall of 2011.
-Adam helped his church ball team win the stake basketball tournament on Thursday.
-Britton finished yet another non fiction book about dinosaurs. Go ahead, ask him anything!
-I only made a real dinner once last week (don't ask), but I'm repenting and will be returning to the world of food preparation. To prove it I have orange jello setting up in the fridge as we speak (Jello is a sure sign of planning ahead around our house).

So, this week I will be climbing back ON the wagon, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I'M FAMOUS! I made Hilary's blog! Thanks for posting my story. Phew, I'm so glad I got my visiting teaching done, just in time.

And orange jello, I'm quite impressed! That is definitely a sign of planning.

You're great. "Let me know if you need anything..." :) Love,
Your Visiting Teacher.

Malinda said...

So, I just scheduled my blog post for tomorrow about my whole early labor fiasco with Abby and talked about how afraid I've always been of giving birth in the car. What a coincidence.

That is a crazy story. I'm glad that everything turned out fine with the baby! Is that really your VT that left a comment 3 days after giving birth in the car? She must be superwoman!