This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. I've been to the depths of despair and back. No, there wasn't a death in the family, and no one has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and yes, Adam still has a job-- so why all the anxiety and depression?? This week has been completely dedicated to the potty training of Miss Korinne. Korinne marches to the beat of her own drummer and let's face it, her peers have been potty trained for the better part of a year. She is just about 3 1/2 and I no longer have the luxury of saying, "She just isn't ready yet." Last night after 5 days of no diapers and 60 accidents with 0 (yes, that would be ZERO) successes I was in the depths of despair. It is statistically impossible to have done everything we have done and not have 1 successful potty experience under our belt. On Thursday morning we started the Potty Training in 3 Days program after reading testimonials from parents in our situation. They all said that by the end of 3 days it finally just clicked and their kids were finally totally potty trained. This morning around 11:00 or so Korinne finally ran into the bathroom and went to the bathroom in the toilet. You can imagine the scene as Jenna, Adam, Korinne and I all screamed and clapped and jumped up and down. When Britton found out he gave her a big hug. There was MUCH rejoicing. Seriously, I almost cried. Neither Britton nor Jenna gave us much trouble when it came to potty training and Korinne is such a bright communicative child it never entered my mind that we would have to go through such a painful process. I knew once it clicked that would be it, but did it really have to take 6 months and about 80 accidents?? We aren't out of the woods yet, but at least we are a big step closer.
7 comments:
HOORAY Korinne! And hooray Hilary! Now while your such a potty training pro, why don't you come train Dawson for me? I just bought him underpants, but I don't know if I dare.... Congrats on your success!
Way to go Korinne! What a great milestone to reach! Potty training is one of those things that gives me a headache just thinking about it. It is a happy day when all children in the home are potty trained!
Oh the memories. Potty training is my least favorite part of parenting (so far). Abby turns two next week, so I know that we have another round in our future, but maybe we'll wait til she is 3 1/2 too. I'm glad you've had a breakthrough. Hopefully it is all downhill from here!
We haven't had to go through that yet. Ryan is getting close though and I'm feeling some trepidation!
Yeah Korrine! Korinne and Abigail can have a potty party of their own next week. :) Abigail LOVES the potty, but doesn't quite get the whole concept yet. She wants to sit on the potty all day, and often gets lucky just because she has spent so much time there.
Glad she finally caved and gave you the victory!
I had a hard time with Benson, but have great hope in Sadie.
Ready for new carpet yet?
I'm sorry you had such a rough week! Potty training really is a depressing thing. You take it personally. I really do hope things have "clicked" and will keep on clicking!
Post a Comment