Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our 3rd (and hopefully last) Spring Thaw

The kids are all happily playing with friends as I write this. When the weather warms up people and kids miraculously appear from out of nowhere. The kids love playing out in our cul-de-sac with all of the neighbor kids and its fun to see them being creative and enjoying themselves. Because of where we live I feel like I can give them a little more freedom than I ever could before and they love it.

I know why I don't have a lot to blog about lately. I realized today that we haven't put gas in either of our cars for a long time. This, of course, is a clear indication that we don't get out much. Our potty training adventure kept us home bound and we still haven't snapped out of it. The only person who leaves the house less than I do is Adam. Ah, the joys of working from home.

We are sooo excited to start putting in a yard! (Can you hear the sarcasm?) What fun projects we have to look forward to. We love spring! (And we'd love it even more if it actually stuck around one of these times)

3 comments:

larah said...

I am also hoping for that final spring thaw. I am not sure it is in the near future though. Too bad. Good luck with the yard. That is definatley not my expertise!

Kristen said...

Did you have a blizzard today? We got about 4 inches of snow while we were in church. Later this afternoon the temperature was 50 degrees. It's spring in Utah! How's the potty training going?

Carrie said...

Welcome back to Cache Valley! I would guess mother nature will only give us 2-3 more false alarms for spring. Thanks for letting the kids come over and play. The only person possibly more excited for spring than me is Caleb.